close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Trigger Options

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by G19 Elite, Dec 30, 2009.

1. I currently have the Smith and Wesson M&P 15T and I really dislike the trigger. During rapid firing, the trigger does not cycle smoothy. It seems to not reset sometimes with my finger still on the trigger. What are options for a better trigger assembly that aren't going to break the bank? What upgrade triggers do you all have that you really like?

2. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

May 22, 2002
    I like JP for a single stage and Geissele for a two stage.

3. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

Feb 6, 2000
    Alaska
    I am a Geissele snob. After you try one you will not want to have a stock GI trigger again. They are good and best of all they are durable and reliable.
    Pat

4. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    None of the good stuff is cheap.

5. kiole

kiole

Feb 16, 2008
  6. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
    In order to answer the question, "Is the Geiselle trigger worth the money?", I bought one.

The answer is YES !!!!

7. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

Feb 6, 2000
    Alaska
    A few people I really trust say they have had issues with his triggers. I won't be buying anything from him. Issues are doubling.
    Pat

8. can someone break down the difference between single stage and two stage triggers?

9. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
  10. jbremount

jbremount

Apr 17, 2005
    Texas

The trigger job is only $35 from Bill Springfield. This includes return shipping. He does excellent work. You won't be disappointed. I have two triggers done by him and see no need to spend for the fancy and costly triggers.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  11. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

Feb 6, 2000
    Alaska
    I have heard some complaints on m4 carbine about his triggers. One of the main problems listed was doubling. I think I would pass if I were looking for triggers.
    Pat

12. Kentak

Kentak

Jan 8, 2006
    Central Ohio
    I put one of their triggers (the non-adjustable model) into my new Ruger SR-556, which, frankly, had a horrible trigger--even when compared to my stock Bushmaster trigger, which I actually like very much.

Well, it's great. Night and day difference, but not too light or touchy for a fighting rifle.

13. Kentak

Kentak

Jan 8, 2006
    Central Ohio
    :wow: Doubling = Not good

14. IMHO-

Take a look at the drop in Rock River NM two stage trigger. Hard to beat at about $100.

15. phxfa

phxfa

Jan 3, 2009
    for a HD/tactical gun I run the Geissele SSA in my LMT, for a plinker/non HD gun I run a Timney AR-10 drop-in trigger in my LWRC 6.8, going to try the Wilson drop in this week