close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Tommy Thesis IWB, talon grip question

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Buttapollock1010, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Buttapollock1010

Buttapollock1010

Jan 10, 2013
    FL
    So my new tommy thesis IWB holster just came in. Fits great, just enough retention. Great quality, glad I went with horse hide. Able to put in my regular jeans no issues. I don't even need a belt it stays in place! I have one question, I have a talon sand paper grip. It's rough when on direct skin, any suggestions on protecting my bare skin besides a under shirt? Should I remove the new grip I just installed?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mnas

Mnas

Jun 13, 2001
    NE Pa
    What clips did you get, and how long did it take for you to receive the holster?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

3. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Possible option:

I have a different gun. BUT, I have wooden grips and the leading and trailing edges were smooth and slippery when shooting. The gun would slide up muzzle high as I shot.

I used two strips about 5/16" - 3/8" of non slip tape on each of these two surfaces, top to bottom of the grip, and it worked out great. About 6 months on these so far.

I hadn't expected it, but the purchase during the draw is significantly better too.

Forgot to add the obvious: No contact between the strips and skin when carrying.

4. vinstang67

vinstang67

Jan 15, 2012
    TN
    The talon grip will eventually wear out, and it won't be so rough on skin (but I wear under shirt).

Or, just an idea though.....check how much your hands contact with the left side of the grip. Probably not much. You can sand down where you do not have to have the rough Granulate texture.
    You can use masking tape to check the contact with your hands as well as your body.

I think Talon Grip itself said something like that.
    You can email them, and they are quick to response back.

5. Buttapollock1010

Buttapollock1010

Jan 10, 2013
    FL

I ordered on 1-17. Ordered with plastic clips didn't want to rip my leather seat in my truck. But I also ordered the metal ones, just to make sure.

Thanks for the other responses.

6. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
  7. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    How about wearing a large bandaid in the holster rub area?

8. Lord

Lord Senior Member

Jun 28, 2006
    San Antonio, Texas
    bit late now, but you should have seen to getting a larger sweat shield for that exact reason.

9. Redheadhunter21

Redheadhunter21

May 6, 2012
    Miami
    I would pick up a set of the rubber grips, or you can sand down the inside grip until it doesn't bother you

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. Sanding down the inside is is good idea...

Or even better is checking out the brooks "agrip" ... All the benefit with a nice feeling soft grip.. IMO better than rubber, sandpaper blah blah whatever... Once you try it... you're finished with other products.. Again jmo :supergrin:

http://www.brookstactical.com/

11. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

Jan 26, 2012
    Las Vegas
    I use the rubber Talon grip on my 26...IWB. It doesn't bother my skin at all on those occasions when I don't wear a t-shirt.

Here's a pic...

12. crazyasian1

crazyasian1

Mar 17, 2010
    JBA
    Lose ten pounds. I kid, I kid!! I had the same problem. That thing was hell on my undershirts. Wound up just taking it off. Might give the Talon rubbers a try though.

13. I sand my Talon grips down pretty good before I put them on my 27.

14. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator Moderator Millennium Member

I whole heartedly agree! Thanks! :supergrin:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013