close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to the Northern VA region

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Colt452zigzag28, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Colt452zigzag28

Colt452zigzag28

Mar 28, 2011
    VA
    Recently moved from IL to VA due to a new job. What ranges/Shops do you guys suggest to become a regular at? Looking for a great place to buy parts/accessories for Glocks, Smith and Wesson M&P, AR-15...Any place or places to shoot these would be help as well.

I am in the Alexandria/Arlington region and not really looking to drive an hour to shoot.

Also any information on Open/Conceal Carry would be helpful. Im not new to firearms at all and got my VA drives license..Does that mean I can Legally Open Carry? I know for conceal I have to go through a class and then apply.

Any information regarding above would be greatly appreciated!!

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA

3. canesfan

canesfan

Jan 31, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Open carry is fine concealed requires permit. I see people open carry at least once a month when I am out and about. Keep in mind Northern VA is very much like a blue state as far as most people feel about guns. There are many NYer's and New Englanders here. Central, West, and Southern VA are more conservative. That said I have yet to read about or witness people getting hassled for open carry in the 12 years I have lived here. However, if I could picture a place in VA where you would get looked at funny or people would panic and call the police it would be in Northern VA. I live in Prince William County.

4. davsco

davsco

Feb 27, 2011
    the chantilly gun show is today and tomorrow!!

5. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
  6. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    Moving up in the world. :supergrin:

NRA range can be ok.
    Blue Ridge facility is ok, but the owner voted for O so....Vote with your dollar if you can.
    Virginia Arms is where I did my most recent transfer.

Coming from IL, you will probably think this is a great place.

Coming from OH, I think it sucks.

PS, I would not open carry unless necessary. Their is a high possibility it will get negative attention.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  7. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

Jun 23, 2006
    Metro. Detroit