close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New to The 10 Ring

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Green Mountain Boy, May 2, 2013.

1. Just picked up a G29 Gen 4. Figured I would say howdy as I will be around a good bit.

[​IMG]

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna

3. skier92857

skier92857

Jun 2, 2012
    Welcome, jealous of the gen 4! I have spent a ton of time in your neck of the woods, not much recently though. Very pretty country.

4. CaptainXL

CaptainXL

Nov 20, 2009
    Illinois
    I have a "blue label" Gen4 G29 ordered. When I ordered it they could not give me a time frame as to when it would come in other than 30 to 120 days. A little over 30 days have passed. Can't wait to get it.

Currently have a 10mm Colt Delta Elite and a number of Glock's. The G29 will be my first Glock in 10mm.

5. This was test fired on 3/6/13 so there might be hope for you soon.

Regards, GMB

6. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Welcome! I think you'll like it in the Ten ring. I also think you're going to like your G29.

7. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Very nice. Congratulations.

Now get on out there and get us a range report! :supergrin:

:wavey:

8. gatorboy

gatorboy

Jul 26, 2001
    It's pretty nice
    Congrats! Shoot the snot out of it. It'll be my next and maybe last Glock, for a while at least.

9. blastfact

blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Welcome!

Shoot the crap out of that 29 and get back with us. :)

10. 10mm man

10mm man

Mar 20, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Welcome to the 10 Ring and the land of the 10mm's!!

11. I am currently waiting on a stronger RSA. It is clear to me that the stock spring is a no go with hot loads.

Regards, GMB

12. JimIsland

JimIsland

Aug 1, 2011
    Charleston,SC
    Really? I've got a gen 3 29SF that is only about 2 months old but have put 200 rounds of Underwood through it. Brass looks good....no smiles/bulges, dents, etc...

Congrats by the way.....you are going to love it!!

13. Hmmm i hope that's the issue.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. harrygunner

harrygunner

Sep 4, 2010
    Top notch platform, a 10mm about the size of a J-Frame.

[​IMG]

Congrats

15. Well,
    I got the stronger RSA with a 21lb spring in it and went to run through the rest of my underwood stash. No go at all with the 200gr xtp.

I called Kevin from Underwood who seemed none too pleased to hear that I couldn't get his ammo to go. Meanwhile everything else I could get my paws on was doing just fine. Trouble is I didn't want a warm .40 I wanted a Ten as a bear defense gun while bow hunting.

Kevin sent me an exact duplicate of my original order and it is like night and day. The gun has not had a failure with the 21lb rsa and underwood XTP 200gr after the second batch he sent me. I shot through all of it save for three mags full to save. Now I will just have to order more when he gets re stocked.

I called him to report this and he told me he had some get out with a bad crimp that might have been causing the hang ups.

Overall I am psyched with the 10mm 29 Gen 4 and happy that there are still folks out there like Kevin who make it right no matter what.

16. Bongo Boy

Bongo Boy

Jan 11, 2012
    Colorado USA
    That's great news, and I must say, a refreshing response from the ammo maker. That kind of behavior should be rewarded.

Honestly, I was never in the 'Glock hater' camp of prejudicial misguided non-owners :) but I was never in the "gee aren't these sweet pistols" group either. I just pushed the Order Now button on a G29 having heard nothing but praise, and knowing it was my only hope for a 10mm having the size, capacity, parts, etc.

That was a leap of faith I'm very glad I took. While it may not be the easiest or most comfortable gun to shoot, I think it would be unreasonable to expect it to be all that. As I make more progress in learning to tame the beast, it doesn't fail to put a big grin on my face after a little workout at the range.

Congratulations and enjoy.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  17. vaquero aleman

vaquero aleman "ah-lay-mahn"

Jan 9, 2009
    The Wild Wild West
    If you don't mind my asking, can you describe exactly how the Underwood failed? I've had a few ftf's with my gen 3 29, using Underwood.

18. The rounds would fail to feed basically. The gun would fire the round in the chamber then eject it fully. The next round would begin to strip but not make it up the whole way out of the mag causing a failure. The slide would hang up on the partially fed round at that point.

Kevin's explanation makes sense in that with a bad crimp the round may come out of the mag weird. My earlier issues were due to a softer spring than called for given the circumstances.

Regards, GMB

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013