"New" to me W. German Sig P228

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by itisbruno, Feb 3, 2013.

1. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

Did a foolish thing today and bought another firearm. Shame on me.

A while back I got a SWISS POLICE TRADE-IN

It is "well worn" to say the least, but a great firearm. I love shooting it, even tho it is only a 9mm :whistling:

But I really like the 228 platform, and have been watching for others, and found this one today.

This is a police/government surplus pistol, which came with 3 magazines, SIG owner's manual, and in the original serial matched box. It has factory night sights too, but they are fading to dark, just like my swiss miss.

It has a KC date stamp, indicating it is a '92 model.

I'm pretty happy with this purchase, she will proly be a safe queen.

I found a W German P226 in similar condition, but I'm hesitant to snap it up, I like the ergonomics of the 228 better, but it may be a good investment piece to keep in the safe. Torn, am I ... decisions, decisions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 itisbruno, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  2. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy
    CLM

Congrats, bruno!:cool:
    Saw and followed this one on GB. Great catch, man.:wavey:

4. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

Thanks monkeyboy! I happened upon it 10 minutes after it was listed, called the guy, and bought it.

You know your Sigs.

I'm thinking about gettin a P220 next, as I'm a 45 guy, but only have Glocks and a Springfield in that caliber, no Sig, yet.

:tbo:

5. Congrats!

1911club#410

6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Congrats, you got yourself a truly great 9mm

:50cal:

7. Hey Bruno, I noticed your gun has allen screws on the grips.. My WG P228 has flat-head screws. What's the difference, if any, on the models?

8. Nice find! I found the P226 to be a more accurate shooter though for me.
    I have a Mecgar 15 rd mag and Hogue grip id sell If your interested let me know.

#8 Scrappy, Feb 3, 2013
  9. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

Very nice. I've owned an early 90s model since 1999 and its my favorite handgun over all.

10. Looks great, congrats on a great find. " You called the guy and bought it" You mean you made a deal over the phone on a auction? Or did you mean you called and asked some questions? Then won the auction.

11. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member
    CLM

Thanks everybodies!

:fist:

You are more detail oriented than I, as I didn't even catch that. So this is a "modified," not stock P228.

The only thing I can think of is at some point in time, the original grip was swapped with a Hogue and then put back on.

Or, according to this SITE:

That is just a WAG on my part tho.

I'm fixin to go work dogs, but will shoot you a PM tonight, thanks Scrappy!

He included his phone number in the auction, so yea, I rang him up to ask questions, chatted a bit, and bought it now.

12. Got it. It sure is a nice one. I just got pretty much the same package on a P226 from 1991. Love Sigs from that era. Enjoy and let us know how it shoots.

13. <3 The 228.

I used to have one until I got a case of dumbass back in '99 and sold it because I was into .45s at the time.:crying:

14. Drool! I waited a day too late on a beat up looking W German P228 with a DAK trigger installed. Best feeling trigger DAO I ever felt :( Shouldn't put money down on it right then.

15. :fist:

You are more detail oriented than I, as I didn't even catch that. So this is a "modified," not stock P228.

The only thing I can think of is at some point in time, the original grip was swapped with a Hogue and then put back on.

Or, according to this SITE:

That is just a WAG on my part tho.[/QUOTE]

Actually I like the allen look better myself. I thought maybe Sig switched at some point or something?

Mine is still unfired NIB w/2-13 round mags and I can't seem to bring myself to shoot it..It's that nice!

16. My German 228 didn't fit my hand, in hindsight I should of kept it and put a short trigger in it. I still hold classic Sigs in very high regaurd, they are well made and very classy.

17. Yes, older Sigs are great

#17 Scrappy, Feb 3, 2013
  18. Congrats on a great pistol.

I need one of those myself.