New (to me) S&W 3913

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Glock40man, Apr 15, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

Earlier this week, I stopped in at my favorite local fun shop. I was browsing the pistol cases and, my eyes wandered to a 3913. I always have wanted to shoot one but, I didn't know anyone that owned one. I had also been searching for something with an ambi safety and, a smaller grip for new shooter instruction. This one didn't appear to be shot much and, wasn't in too bad of shape. (Just a couple of dings) and the white dots on the rear sight were missing.

So, after thinking on it, I decided that I "needed" to bring it home. I'm very pleased with it.

I shot 150 rounds of WWB and, it was 100% reliable with strong consistent ejections. I can see why these pistols have their reputation. The only thing that I don't care for is the magazine disconnect but, no big deal.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    .38sp& 9mm chrono, Taurus 'no 'view/SW 3913/64NY1/242 Airlite... Caliber Corner May 30, 2015
    Shooting pics; Colt PPS .38/ S&W 3913 9mmP General Firearms Forum Nov 3, 2014
    S&w 3913 tsw? General Firearms Forum Nov 1, 2014
    S&w 3913 General Firearms Forum Feb 2, 2014
    S&W 3913 report General Firearms Forum Dec 12, 2013

3. They are good guns. I have a 908 which is a blued budget version of your gun. It is accurate and has been 100% reliable so far.

Congrats and enjoy your new purchase!

4. Aahzz

Aahzz Who?

Definitely one of my all-time favorites. Good choice!

5. I have one on my list of "if I find one" guns Congratulations

BTW the mag disconnect isn't there by accident. I am one of the people who don't mind them, but my training was a little different than most.

6. That's awesome! I just bought a 6906 on saturday.

7. Berto

Berto woo woo

Those are a gem of the S&W autopistol lineup, congrats!!!

8. Thanks guys!

9. Thanks! A 6906 is on my list.:cool:

Thanks Berto.

10. Aahzz

Aahzz Who?

Then a 5906 should be on there as well - I have and love all 3 :)

11. Glockster17

Millennium Member

Yeah, it is on my list if I run across a good lookin' used one. I don't own a 3rd Gen SW auto... yet! Congrats. --Rob

12. You spend enough time shooting a 3913 and you'll wonder why all similarly sized 9mm pistols can't be as tolerant of "shooter & ammunition" influences. ;)

13. Congrats on a great pistol.

14. I looked at one.

I would try to find one, if I were you.

You kwow, I already started to notice.

15. Very nice. I think they will get more desirable and pricey as time goes on.

16. Thanks Bac!

17. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

CONGRATS ON THE 3913! I hope to find one myself someday.

The 6906 is a FANTASTIC gun! I had one but traded it straight up for a S&W 686 "no dash".......from my dad:wavey:

The beauty of it is that I will get the 6906 back someday:whistling:

Enjoy your awesome find!!!!!!!

TGG

18. Thanks Bruce, I've noticed the prices are creaping up there.

19. Congrats! I've been debating whether to get the 6906 or this. I haven't made my mind up yet. As the prices continue to soar, I think I'm going to commit to one real soon. Again, Cograts on a great looking piece! You need to get the flush-fit magazines for those. I think they're on Midway. :cool:

#18 MartinRiggs1987, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  20. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

Congrats on a great gun, I love the Smith 3rd Gens.

21. Thanks, I'm planning on picking up a few more magazines at some point.

Thanks, I don't think my 3rd Gen Smith collection will end here.