close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New to me Hi Power

Discussion in 'The Browning Hi Power Club' started by gordonfactor, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Well after a while of searching and lusting after a Hi Power the hunt is over. I was at work at my friendly neighborhood gun store and one come in on consignment. Beautiful blued gun with adjustable sights. Made in Belgium. Original box, mags, cleaning rod and manual. These are very rare around here due to ridiculous local gun laws/regs. I had to get it. I sold one of my polymer guns and used the $ to buy this. Serial #245PT12xxx appears to indicate it's a Mark II, 1986 vintage. Gonna clean/lube it tomorrow and try it out. Any info or experiences you guys can share with this Hi Power noobie would be great. Thanks

Ps, pics coming as soon as I can outsmart my so-called smart phone

2. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Enjoy it!!

Were it me, I'd just shoot it a bunch. It has the good safety and spur hammer, no problem there IMO....if the trigger is horrible I'd lose the magazine disconnect, which usually gets rid of the 'gravel road' in the trigger and lessens the pull a bit.
    If you concerned about any liabilities with doing that, the better gunsmiths like Bill Laughridge/Cylinder and Slide or Action Works can clean up the trigger with the mag disconnect in place.
    +P ammo won't blow it up, but I'd run the 18.5lb spring if you plan to use the stuff, it saves the frame peening- though +P isn't really needed since it has almost 5" of barrel.

3. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
    To BHP newbies, I would say:

Navidrex or VZ grips
    Mecgar mags

Target Ammo
    Federal, Speer Lawman or IMI (FMJ)

Then simply enjoy

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    The best feeling grip on any gun. My Hi Power is a keeper. I would like to have one in .40, too.

5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats! :cool:

The Hi-Power is my favorite 9mm.

:needspics:

6. Tango 1Zero

Tango 1Zero Millennium Member

Nov 8, 1999
    OH
  7. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
  8. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    +1 where are the pics?

9. toaddad

toaddad

Jul 26, 2008
    Carolina Beach, NC
    I picked up a BHP Mark II in the late 1990's during the Clinton gun ban. So it only had 10 round mags. Still one of my all time favorite 9mm's. All it needed was a good action job, removing the mag dissconnect, some 13 round mags, and a nice set of thin Spegal grips, which give a perfect fit for my medium sized hands. The gun has superb ergonomics and a nice bore to axis ratio. Definitely an elegant, all time classic. Enjoy it!!