close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

new to me g38

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by casper975, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Just picked up a g38 the other day she's 5 year's old but look's brand new

2. venenoindy

venenoindy

Jul 13, 2004
    Indianapolis
    Congrats on your G38, I recently fondle a G37 and I like it a lot and may get the chance to get one. After seen it in person I really like the concept.

3. Thanks, now I'm trying to figure out what I need to convert it to a g19 so I can carry it as a .45GAP and use the cheaper 9mm ammo for it at the range
    what part of Indy are you from I was born in Greenfield and grew up in Beech Grove

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  4. venenoindy

venenoindy

Jul 13, 2004
    Indianapolis
    I actually live in Noblesville but have work all over Indy, great to hear from a fellow Hoosier. Ammunition togo has some 50rdn SD gold dots, if I come across any decent prices on fmj will let you know.

5. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

Jul 3, 2008
    Okemos, MI
    Best price on practice ammo seems to be Georgia Arms. All you need to convert your G38 to a G19 is a complete G19 slide assembly and G19 magazines. The frames are the same but there are no conversion barrels. I love my G38. It's my every day carry.