close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New (to me G36)

Discussion in 'Thin to Win - G36 Club' started by tankermw, Mar 5, 2011.

1. tankermw

tankermw

Apr 10, 2008
    Florida
    I recently got a use 36. My first trip to the range had me doubting my purchase. I had 10 or so times when the slide locked to the rear on a live round. At first I thought "maybe" its me. Next trip to the range and the same thing. Long story short, I had the slide stop replaced & it has been flawless for several 100 rounds since. I have a 19 & a 23, but the 36 is by FAR my favorite! It has become my primary CCW.

2. ldmtulsa

ldmtulsa

Mar 28, 2010
    Tulsa,Ok.
    Glad to hear you got it working. I love my 36.

3. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

Aug 13, 2010
    SC
    Congrats, and that just a great reason to have Glocks they can be worked on my the owner. But Great job finding and making your on repairs.

4. jbclark187

jbclark187

Sep 27, 2010
    Cumming, GA
    With the slim frame.. Some people have some trouble getting their thumb too close to the slide lock, could have been part of your problem. Glad youve gotten it running.

I also carry mine everyday and have 500+ flawless rounds down the pipe. Perfect CC weapon.

5. I have a new G36 and can't get to the range to fire it. However I have had a G17 some years ago and it ran flawlessly. For my G36 I carry in a Cross Breed Super Tuck. It is very comfortable and after awhile you forget your carrying. What holster do you use?

6. tankermw

tankermw

Apr 10, 2008
    Florida

I use the hooker holster from Alabama Holsters. Best $ 50 I ever spent.

7. tankermw

tankermw

Apr 10, 2008
    Florida
    It is the most comfortable IWB holster I own. BY FAR.