close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to me 625-3.

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by Goodspeed(TPF), Mar 29, 2011.

1. Goodspeed(TPF)

Goodspeed(TPF)

Jul 30, 2009
    Sh
    Well, it's been over 20 years since I bought something I've never owned before. Firearms related that is. Recently anything I've purchased has been as a back-up to something I already own or as a replacement for something I used to own. Well, not this time. I have never owned a 625 before and I have to say that I am really impressed.

My daughter and I went to our local range to try it out right after I picked it up. We bought 2 boxes of Blazer 230gr ball ammo figuring it would be enough to get a feel for it.:rofl: I ended up firing only 8 rounds out of the two boxes we bought. Apparently my daughter now has a new 625-3. I knew I should have bought two of them. Anyways, here's a pic for ya.

[​IMG]

And any information on what I have here from the S&W experts would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy. -Goodspeed

2. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Dec 20, 2002
    Minnesota
    Sweet.
    5 inch?
    Moon clips?
    Half moon?
    Third moon?
    I almost bought the same thing, but went with the 624 (.44 special).
    Maybe the 625 will be next.

3. Goodspeed(TPF)

Goodspeed(TPF)

Jul 30, 2009
    Sh

Thanks, we thought so too. Yeah, it's a 5". I received 10 full moon clips and 12 "doubles" as he said (third moon). No half moons were included. I have to say, what a sweet trigger this thing has. My daughter had an absolute blast at the range with it and she doesn't even like revolvers. Except for this one I guess. I sure hope I don't start buying more of these in the near future. That's all I need. :supergrin:

EDIT: Oh yeah, he also included the tool to remove the casings from the clips. Man that thing comes in handy.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  4. den888

den888

Sep 4, 2009
    SF Bay Area
  5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
  6. Goodspeed(TPF)

Goodspeed(TPF)

Jul 30, 2009
    Sh
    Thanks. :wavey:

So far we have 900 rounds through it with no malfunctions of any kind. I think it must be that the factory magazines are just that good. Oops, I mean clips. :supergrin:

7. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
    Nice.
    Enjoy.
    :wavey:

8. steve1911

steve1911

Jul 12, 2004
    oregon
    Congrats! :cool:

On a sweet S&W.

1911club#410

9. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

They are nice. Mine shoots like a surgical laser. Very accurate and easy to handle.

10. LarryNC

LarryNC Millennium Member

Dec 27, 1999
    NC
    Congratulations. That is one fine revolver. I used to have one and foolishly let it go a few years ago when times were rough. I SO regret selling that revolver. It was the only S&W revolver I have ever owned other than a J-Frame. For the last year or so, I have really wanted another one and S&W doesn't make the five inch barrel anymore :steamed: I've seen the four and a two and a half or three inch, but the five inch has the best feel to me. There was an older fella at the outdoor range where I used to go shooting when I took my 625 to shoot it for the first time. He convinced me to shoot lead ammo in mine and had a lot of really good reasons for it, too. I used to load a 200 grain H&G #68 at about 850 fps and that revolver would put all six rounds into one ragged hole at twenty-five yards. I actually pray that S&W will one day make another five inch model. If for some reason I don't have the money to buy one when they make the five-inch model again, I would probably sell a danged kidney. Congratulations on (what I consider) the finest six-gun and cartridge combination to ever come out of S&W.

11. dakotasdad

dakotasdad

May 1, 2007
    NW Arkansas
    Verrrrry nice! Congrats and thanks! :wavey:

It has made it to my must have list!