close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

new to high power and have ?'s

Discussion in 'The Browning Hi Power Club' started by dberry, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Retired Squid

Retired Squid
    Expand Collapse

My ANIB '93 Capitan is same way, absolutely stunning bluing. But I'm going to shoot the little beauty as often as time and tired old body permits and as much as I can afford to these days. :supergrin:

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. FireForged

FireForged
    Expand Collapse
    Millenium #3936
    Millennium Member

yeah the prices have gone crazy... I am seeing mkIII's locally for $900. Thats just nuts! I guess I wont ever lose any money in mine.

3. Retired Squid

Retired Squid
    Expand Collapse

I guess we should thank POTUS and Congress for that. :faint:

4. Veedubklown

Veedubklown
    Expand Collapse

There were also fantastic hi-power clones, made in various contries. Some of them can fetch prices as high as a real browning or FN. I have one made in Argentina, an FM. I paid $200 for it, with night sights and extended controls. The finish on it is about 80%, but I'm not too concerned about how a carry gun's finish is, as long as it's not rust. I need to have it refinished, but for now, here's how it sits, with hogue grips. The origionals were like gripping a beer can with a trigger. It had the mag safety removed before I got it, but I really didn't care for the large take-up, or over-travel it had. After polishing the hammer and sear, I put a small bead on the front of my trigger as an over-travel stop and fit it. I also had to fit the trigger bar. I was amazed the way the trigger actuates through the slide, and not through the frame like a 1911 or so many other pistols. Now this is truely like a 1911 trigger. Very short travel, equally short reset.

[​IMG]

5. MBeach222

MBeach222
    Expand Collapse

This looks absolutely beautiful. How did it hold up over time? Would you still recommend Metalife? thanks

6. MBeach222

MBeach222
    Expand Collapse

What type of grips do people prefer?

7. BrowningGuy88

BrowningGuy88
    Expand Collapse

We have a pair and have the stock black plastic grips on both. I got them new for $1400 OTD for the pair two years ago. We love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BuckyP

BuckyP
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

Good looking pistols in this thread.

BTW: I think it's time we get a Zombie Thread emoticon. :whistling:

9. MBeach222

MBeach222
    Expand Collapse

I need the lanyard loop for a Hi-Power, and am having a hard time finding a good price for one. Any suggestions to find just the loop?