New to guns in Ohio

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by MARKTHESHOTG19, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Hi all, I'm a new glock owner here in Ohio I just bought a police trade-in G19(gen 3). I was wondering if you more experinced shooters can tell me are there any up grades I should do to my gun?

A little about me. I am 51yrs old and this is my first handgun. I loved playing paintball so I thought I would try the real thing. I love it too!!! Went to a local range and shot 100 rds, I didn't want to stop, I'm hooked

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 MARKTHESHOTG19, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. :welcome: and congrats

3. MARKTHESHOTG19,

First of all congratulations on the new Glock purchase, I have had a G19 for a long time now, it is my bread & butter gun, wouldn't trade it for another.

Before spending any money on up-grades as yourself what exactly are you going to use this gun for? This will help your decision making. If a stock gun was good enough for the cops... :whistling:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/287745/gun-video-building-the-ultimate-glock-dvd

http://glockstore.com/ - Common up-grades
    Trijicon night sights
    Stainless steel recoil spring
    Recoil buffer pad
    Extended slid stop
    3.5 lb trigger connector
    +2 mag extensions are a real great item

If your G19 is going to double as a home security gun such as in the bedroom night stand type of thing, I highly recommend buying one of these and putting it on the railing under the barrel. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/71...picatinny-or-glock-style-rails-aluminum-matte

Well worth the $$$.

Good luck and be safe

#3 Kentguy, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. Welcome, and congrats, from another Ohioan! The only upgrades you'll need are more magazines. Enjoy!

5. Welcome to the forum from a Buckeye lost in Arizona. You're going to love the G19!

6. Welcome from a fellow Ohioan! the G19 is a great gun! If you ever want some good places to shoot let me know!

7. kentguy,
    thanks for the advice, I think that the Stainless steel recoil spring is a good idea, I was a little worried about the plastic one. I am mostly going to use it as a range gun but if needed it will be used as self/home defence as well. thanks for all the welcome from the rest of you

#10 MARKTHESHOTG19, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  8. I like to keep my Gocks stock :)

Glock perfection.

9. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

IMHO, The gun should be fine as is.

Possible upgrade:
    Mags
    Night sights
    TLR-2
    Holster
    CCW permit
    and a training class.

No Stainless steel recoil spring
    No Recoil buffer pad
    HLL No Extended slid stop
    No 3.5 lb trigger connector
    HLL No +2 mag extensions

BTW, X-buckeye, learn where your DNR ranges are and use them in the spring through fall.

#14 RWBlue, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  10. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!

11. Welcome from another buckeye.

12. It being a Leo trade you may want to check to see if it has a ny trigger in it.

Google Glock my trigger and look at pics. It's easy to tell.

I just purchased a Leo trade 19 and it's in there.

It makes the trigger weight higher.