New to GT

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Gossamer_G30, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Hello, I am Gossamer (aka Rob). New owner of 2 Glocks. Over the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend, I was at my in-laws house and went shooting with my brother-in-law, and Asst. Chief of Police. My oldest daughter was with me as well. After a fun afternoon of shooting, and on our way home, (luckily the wife was asleep) by daughter (20 y/o) said to me

"Daddy, do-ya-know what I would like for my 21st birthday?"

Me, "No", silently to myself (oh no, new car, jewelry, clothes)

Daughter: I would like my very own pistol

Me: Shed a few silent tears of joy...

Fast-forward to the weekend of June 2nd/3rd and we are at a local gun show.

Bought my daughter a G26, and myself a G30. My daughter has been shooting with me since she was 12. So, she is trained very well in shooting, gun safety and the like.

We have both put close to 1000 rounds through both each of our Glocks, and have been loving every minute of it. No problems at all. The great thing is, that after we get back from the range, we are sitting at the workbench, side-by-side, cleaning our Glocks, and talking about who shot better.

She likes the G30 so much, now she wants one too.

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Gossamer !!!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Welcome and thanks for that great Daddy/Daughter story. We need more of that in America instead of all the mis-guided youth running amuck in our cities! Thanks for being a real Father and role model.:supergrin:

3. welcome aboard! youi'll find it pretty much drama free (except the politcal forums....but, they keep it civil), and informative!

4. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

:welcome: and thank you for bringing that girl up right!

5. Welcome, and Congrats to you both!

6. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga!
    Platinum Member

:welcome: to GlockTalk. Great story!

7. :welcome: aboard!

8. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Welcome to GT

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Welcome aboard! Lots of good info here

10. oily_oink