close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to Glock's, Guns and GT

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rottizine, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Frank V

Frank V

Rottizine

Great, I kind of like to give the manufacturer a shot at it first. I'm hoping they'll straighten it right out.
    If I had the extra money to buy a new Glock, I'd get a 4th gen G27. I like the way they carry!
    Good luck
    Frank

2. Rottizine

Rottizine

I have taken it apart and cleaned it and lubed it very lightly. The gun was shooting this way out of the box though. We will see what the local Glock guy and Glock can do for me.

Me and your mom just got done making "stinky". She wants me to ask you if you want your normal PB&J in your lunchbox tomorrow or Lunchables?

I am going to send it in. Not many problems being reported with the Gen 4 G27?

3. elijah58

elijah58

Now that tells a story in itself. What would cause the gun to eject more straight back when fired rapidly? Hmmmm. Could it be that when firing rapidily the recoil is pushing the barrel up so that the action is actually facing more of a straight back position? Just the view from my window.

4. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

you should sell it immediately! I'll give you $300 just send a PM.:whistling:

5. elijah58

elijah58

I really think you should sell it for scrap metal, heck I'll even take it to the scrap yard for you, just send it to me and I'm sure I can get you $200 for it.:supergrin:

6. Frank V

Frank V

Rottizine

We'll be waiting to hear how Glock does. I'm hoping it'll be great when you get it back.
    Frank

7. Rottizine

Rottizine

Thanks Frank!!

Got it back today and took it out to the desert. Glock mentioned that there was nothing wrong with the gun and it just need to be broke in. Put 45 rounds through of 115 gram Lellier & Bellot (3 clips) and BTF/no BTF was 3/15, 2/15 and 4/15.

Dominant eye= right
    Stance= fighter style left foot forward, right leg slightly back
    Grip= Right hand is applying 40% of the pressure, right index finger is along frame until ready to fire, and backstrap is resting in V of my right hand. Left hand is applying 60% of the pressure with left index finger resting under trigger guard and meat of left palm is at 7 o'clock were the back strap meets the side panel. Both thumbs are just below the slide pointing towards the target.

Never used YouTube before so sorry for the ****ty footage.Video is of last clip in which 4/15 was BTF or BTH. Yes I realize I have a head the size of a small mailbox :rofl:. Head is slightly cocked and camera is directly at my 5.

Let me know what I am doing wrong :whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebssspuk_sQ&feature=youtu.be

and another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGCjYfeWTGs&feature=youtu.be

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  8. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Hard to see. No more malfunctions?

When I teach, I'm standing beside the shooter looking at him/her, and not at the target. So you could change the angle and get the target out of that view :)

A single pic of the target result is also useful.

Of course I understand if you don't want to show yourself on the interwebs.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  9. Rottizine

Rottizine

No, the videos showed casings bouncing off my face, and going left of my head.

Update: After sending it back 3 times and wasting a ****load of my time, boxes of ammo trying to figure it out Glock fixed it (also sent them the videos). Got it Monday fired it and got hit in the head (not face) once in a box of 50 rounds, and the rest ejected to the right!!!..... was happy as all hell to sell it on Tuesday!! :supergrin:

M&P9c on the way :dancingbanana:

I am sure I will never buy a "new glock" again, unless they revert back to their "glock perfection" I keep hearing about. Might look for a used G27 in the future. For now....still fairly pissed off at them for the headache and not taking are of it the first time to GA.

FWIW all parts were suppose to be the "up to date" since it was produced in May, but the extractor was changed out on the last trip to Glock (more straight in appearance and finish was different). Not sure about other internal parts.

Wanted to say "thanks" to everyone who was helpful!! Not a fanboy of any gun brand so I am sure I will stick around for the knowledge.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  10. Backfire_Tx

Backfire_Tx

I got them to send a new ejector and that fixed the head shots. Your choice is:
    A. Find a Glock Armorer and have him call glock to get the ejector sent to him
    B. Send your G19 back to glock 2-4 weeks.
    C. Sell the darn thing cause you are smoked - take a loss probably and buy a MP.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012