close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New tax on owning weapons?

Discussion in 'Illinois Glockers' Club' started by RF7126, Mar 7, 2009.

1. RF7126

RF7126

Sep 19, 2003
    Western Florida
    I heard a rumor that I suspect is just a rumor, but I wanted to double-check. The rumor was that a new bill had been introduced to the Illinois legislature requiring a $200 yearly tax for the owner of any firearm (that's $200 for each firearm) in the state. Any truth to this?

It seems too ridiculous to be true, but I wanted to check.

2. ShiftClick

ShiftClick

Oct 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Have not heard that one. Oh, I live in the free state of Iowa btw, but we border Illinois and my family over there (Ill) lives under the Peoples Republic of Illinois laws so I try to keep up. I did hear about the $1,000,000 insurance policy that the gun owners there have to have a minimum of... what is going on with that State!!?!?!?!??!?!!?

3. RF7126

RF7126

Sep 19, 2003
    Western Florida
    Glad to hear it. I live right next to it on the Indiana side so I too have people that live over there (but none are really gun people unfortunately). I hadn't heard about the insurance policy though.

Who knows what's going on with that state? :dunno: :wow:

4. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Mar 14, 2009
    Illinois
    Money hungry *******s :50cal:

5. metro273

metro273 Glock 19 Rocks!

Jan 24, 2009
    "Crook County", IL
    I've been talking with my wife about seriously moving out of this damn state!...:steamed:

6. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Mar 14, 2009
    Illinois
    Me too. Indiana is a cheaper and also a close solution. We can CCW in IN :embarassed:

7. metro273

metro273 Glock 19 Rocks!

Jan 24, 2009
    "Crook County", IL
    ^^^Sorry but Indiana isn't for me. I've been to Tennessee 3 times and I LOVE it there, especially Eastern TN...:supergrin: