close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New STI Ranger II

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by TexasPOff, Aug 7, 2011.

1. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

Jun 13, 2006
    Texas
    Well I had the intention if picking up a Dan Wesson Guardian when a local shop recieved one. I sold off one of my AR's ad this little beauty appeared out of no where. I have wanted one of these for a while and this was a couldn't pass up deal. I was looking for a LW commander style 1911, but who can resist the charms and warmth of a good old steel frame. Enter my new to me STI Ranger II. It is aboslutly flawless. I picked it up today and this is a quick pic of it after leaving the range. The previous owner quoted 400 rounds through it. You couldn't tell, no wear marks to speak of at all. I in good fashion ran 100 rounds through it to give it the test. Everything went in about 2 inches at 15 yards and not a single issue. I was using an old box of Remmington GS 230 gr. I am very happy with this pistol. I will be contacting STI to get a replacement set of Heinie Tritiums to replace the standard Heinies on there now. I will also throw some type of black VZ grips on it as well. Here is a quick cell phone pic until I can get to my good camera. TXPO

[​IMG]

2. 20South

20South

Nov 18, 2002
    East of CBUS
    Very very nice. I was looking at the Guardian just Friday. STI builds a good gun.

3. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
  4. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    Congrats, i love those guns I just wish they would get away from the front strap treatment.

5. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

Jun 13, 2006
    Texas
    I'm not a huge fan of the chainlink pattern myself. But after shooting with it I will say it is very functional. It gives a good hold when you crank down on it but is not aggressive at all. Kimbers chainlink treatment on the Raptor guns is brutal compared to this. I'm thinking an Brown MSH to match would be nice, maybe even the bobtail. Good lord now I member why I stopped messing with 1911's...they can get crazy exspensive with customizations. TXPO

6. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    I talked to Dave Helton a while back about bob'ing a Ranger2 and dropping a Brown chainlink MSH in. I was going to get one in 9mm to compliment my Kobra Carry as a training gun, but that would be a sweet .45 carry gun. :supergrin:

7. Fedor

Fedor

Apr 19, 2011
    Kansas
  8. GlocksterPaulie

GlocksterPaulie Perfectionist

Dec 16, 2003
    Damned if I know
  9. Nice find! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. I have one in 9mm and .45 acp. They are great guns and STI's service has been top-notch!