Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

New Stainless Mil-Spec NM-

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by brokenprism, Sep 15, 2012.

1. brokenprism

Feb 27, 2011
    I popped into my LGS today to get two boxes of Federal white box .40 (at $15 a box. Swinging price!) I was gearing up to buy a Glock 23 to back up my Glock 22. I have about 600 rds of .40.

But I also have 750 rds of .45, and no .45 to shoot it in. While the owner was looking up the price on the 23, I noticed a stainless Mil Spec and I asked to look at it. I've had a few of these, and more than a few blued SA 1911s, and they've always been great buys and accurate shooters. The last one I had was as tight as a sewing machine and easily clustered cloverleafs for me. The Mil Spec I saw today -- like my last -- is marked NM-[Serial Number], and GENESEO IL (vs IMBEL BRAZIL), so Ibought it. It too is as tight as a drum. They shoot in, and I've never had a failure to feed or eject.

I felt a little guilty, since I like high capacity Glocks and have full confidence in Federal HST 180 gr, but I always enjoy a good 1911. I shoot the 1911 and the Glock equally well.

To be honest, I sort of feel like we're racing the clock against real tyrrany, so I want more than one gun. If I scoop up a G23, I'll be happy, but 7-rd .45s have been getting the job done for over a hundred years and I don't regret the decision. Now, I need a good 12 gauge.
  2. redbrd

Sep 20, 2005
    I bought a 1911 last week... you will need to post a pic (trust me). Congrats on the 1911 they are a a lot of fun on the range.
    I really love my glocks, but the 1911 is a lot of fun to shoot.

3. brokenprism

Feb 27, 2011
    Haven't taken possession yet, but I'll have her next week and get some pics up.
  4. this to hold you over til yours arrived (it always helps me during the wait :D) NM serial'd, slightly modified Springfield Mil Spec...

5. Jager247

Sep 10, 2012
    I own 3 springfields. All shoot great. In joy
  6. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Many congrats my friend:thumbsup:
  7. brokenprism

Feb 27, 2011
    Thanks Bill! I mod my SAs too. Ed Brown arched mainspring housing at a minimum (to dump the lock), a hammer and sear set if I can afford it. Maybe Wolff springs, for no particular reason. And those Asian hardwood grips with crossed cannons are the first thing off. I prefer plain walnut. I even prefer the black plastic checkered grips that come with the gun.