close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Stainless Mil-Spec NM-

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by brokenprism, Sep 15, 2012.

1. brokenprism

brokenprism
    Expand Collapse

I popped into my LGS today to get two boxes of Federal white box .40 (at $15 a box. Swinging price!) I was gearing up to buy a Glock 23 to back up my Glock 22. I have about 600 rds of .40.

But I also have 750 rds of .45, and no .45 to shoot it in. While the owner was looking up the price on the 23, I noticed a stainless Mil Spec and I asked to look at it. I've had a few of these, and more than a few blued SA 1911s, and they've always been great buys and accurate shooters. The last one I had was as tight as a sewing machine and easily clustered cloverleafs for me. The Mil Spec I saw today -- like my last -- is marked NM-[Serial Number], and GENESEO IL (vs IMBEL BRAZIL), so Ibought it. It too is as tight as a drum. They shoot in, and I've never had a failure to feed or eject.

I felt a little guilty, since I like high capacity Glocks and have full confidence in Federal HST 180 gr, but I always enjoy a good 1911. I shoot the 1911 and the Glock equally well.

To be honest, I sort of feel like we're racing the clock against real tyrrany, so I want more than one gun. If I scoop up a G23, I'll be happy, but 7-rd .45s have been getting the job done for over a hundred years and I don't regret the decision. Now, I need a good 12 gauge.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. redbrd

redbrd
    Expand Collapse

I bought a 1911 last week... you will need to post a pic (trust me). Congrats on the 1911 they are a a lot of fun on the range.
    I really love my glocks, but the 1911 is a lot of fun to shoot.

3. brokenprism

brokenprism
    Expand Collapse

Haven't taken possession yet, but I'll have her next week and get some pics up.

4. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

this to hold you over til yours arrived (it always helps me during the wait :D)...my NM serial'd, slightly modified Springfield Mil Spec...

[​IMG]

Bill

5. Jager247

Jager247
    Expand Collapse

I own 3 springfields. All shoot great. In joy

6. okie

okie
    Expand Collapse
    GT Mayor

Many congrats my friend:thumbsup:

7. brokenprism

brokenprism
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Bill! I mod my SAs too. Ed Brown arched mainspring housing at a minimum (to dump the lock), a hammer and sear set if I can afford it. Maybe Wolff springs, for no particular reason. And those Asian hardwood grips with crossed cannons are the first thing off. I prefer plain walnut. I even prefer the black plastic checkered grips that come with the gun.