close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Springfield XDs .45 (Photos galore!)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by jamesbern, Aug 14, 2012.

1. jamesbern

jamesbern
    Expand Collapse

I should have my 7rd mags tomorrow. I also ordered 100 rounds of Federal 230gr HST ammo to test in it. I also have a box of Speer Gold Dot 230gr HP Short Barrel ammo as well.

Hoping to hit the range tomorrow and run Remington UMC through it. If I get there I will try and get some video of it.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 jamesbern, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. cal45

cal45
    Expand Collapse

I am picking up a Bi-tone (stainless slide) XDs 45 tomorrow, as my dealer is holding it for me. :cool:

3. MisterEngineer

MisterEngineer
    Expand Collapse

I've had bad luck with UMC, lots of failures to fire in my XDS. Strike is in the center and deep, must be bad primers I guess.

Hopefully you have a better experience.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. glock2740

glock2740
    Expand Collapse
    Gun lover.

Congrats! Good looking gun. :cool:

5. dnuggett

dnuggett
    Expand Collapse
    PRO 2A

I'm loving mine. Close to 1000 through it already. Had a couple FTEs after 400 rounds without cleaning, but after cleaning it was good to go. The extended mags are starting to give me a bit of trouble though.

6. jamesbern

jamesbern
    Expand Collapse

The only thing Walmart had that was reasonable was the UMC. They were wiped out of most other stuff except Federal 50rd boxes, but at $18/box I can buy cheaper offline.. It isn't my top choice, but to get some rounds through it hopefully it feeds it.

7. oldsoldier

oldsoldier
    Expand Collapse

I called my local gun dealer again today and he is still on the waiting list to get a XD-S. I could get one on line but I want to give him the money so I'm going to wait.

8. jamesbern

jamesbern
    Expand Collapse

Just got back from Bridgeport Range. Put 200 rounds of UMC through her and a few mags of Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel 230gr JHP.

It shot really well. Like the PPS, it is thin so with my larger hands it takes some getting used to. Towards the end my shooting hand was a bit sore. The gun performed very well. I had one failure to feed, but I think that was my "helping" the slide forward. I couldn't replicate the issue again.

I basically shot it at 15'-20' with a few mags at 40 or so feet to just get a feel for it. There are no lines indicating the distance so i'm guessing at what distance I shot, but they should be close. While I could hit a torso without much issue at 40', it excelled at closer range. Before my hand got sore I was able to double tap at 15' pretty close together. Slow steady, fire was good as well and it proved to be an accurate pistol when I cooperated.

I hadn't shot in over a month so I found myself anticipating some recoil every now and then which caused me to drop a shot every now and then.

This was my best grouping of the night. It was also one of the first few magazines I shot out of the gun.

[​IMG]

This was at about the same distance as before, but with a 7 round magazine and I emptied it in rapid fire fashion. You can see the dropped shot, which was probably the second or third fired, at the bottom of the frame.

[​IMG]

Recoil, for such a small .45, wasn't as bad as I expected.

All the mags (5 and 7 rounders) performed flawlessly. I can't wait to run some HST through it next once my order arrives.

9. Ocean_glocker

Ocean_glocker
    Expand Collapse

I just got mine last week and I'm looking forward to your gold Dot vs HST results before I stock up!

Where did you order your 7rd mags from? The cheapest place I found so far was at Cheaper Than Dirt (~$34)..

10. Rick305

Rick305
    Expand Collapse
    ra1sales.com

Love my XDs.

First one was a lemon. It was replaced and I've not had a failure or any problems ...

Loves golden sabers and gold dot 200gr +p

11. Ocean_glocker

Ocean_glocker
    Expand Collapse

A lemon..? What was it doing?

12. ricklee4570

ricklee4570
    Expand Collapse

PDX1 is very accurate out of my XDS.

13. jamesbern

jamesbern
    Expand Collapse

The 7 round mags were from Joe Bob Outfitters. Came very quickly too I might add.

I should have my HST tomorrow. Then it's just trying to find the time to get back to the range.

14. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

Looking forward to 9/40 version but I could go for the 45 version.

Anyone seen chrono data yet?

15. ricklee4570

ricklee4570
    Expand Collapse

I would also like to see some chronograph data with the 3.3 inch barrel.

16. stmcelroy

stmcelroy
    Expand Collapse
    Holster Maker

Love mine.

[​IMG]

17. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

Great pics!!