New Springfield XDs .45 (Photos galore!)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by jamesbern, Aug 14, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

Just picked mine up tonight after thinking about it overnight. I'm impressed so far just handling it. Really looking forward to getting some ammo through it at some point this week. Few things I like so far:

-Very close in size to my PPS 9mm.
    -Weight feels slightly less than the PPS.
    -Trigger pull and reset is much better right out of the box than the PPS.
    -Love the Fiber optic front sight.

After reading a bunch of reviews and handling it yesterday I knew I needed to add one to the safe. I've loved my PPS since I bought it and it has been 100% flawless for me. As soon as I saw the XDs I lusted after one. Just happened to check out a shop and they had one in the case. I've never been a huge fan of the XD lineup, but after actually looking at the XDs I was impressed. If it shoots as nice as it looks and feels then it is most definitely a winner!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Wow, those pistols make my G30 look down right purdy!

4. Looks good Bro!! I was reaaaaally close to getting one... But Im waiting to see of they're gonna do .40. & 9mm.... Enjoy and shoot the CRAP out of it!!:wavey:

5. The XDS is a great little gun!

6. nice, Springfield Armory is good stuff

7. Nice gun. I'd like to see a comparison to the G36, because I realy like the 36.

8. Oh they will. The back of the holster says .45, 40, 9mm :whistling:

9. Congrats on the new XD-S! I really enjoyed putting some rounds downrange when I first shot mine. I used 230 gr. ball, and only ran about 160 or so rounds through it. That grip is pretty aggressive, too!

JoeBob Outfitters has the extended magazines in stock, and they ship really quickly! Their customer service is great, too! I removed the collars from the extra magazines I ordered (they wouldn't fit in any of my magazine holders...) and they work just fine.

Great pics, JB! Enjoy your new .45!

10. Looks awesome especially being close to the same size as the PPS!

Let us know how it handles!

11. #13 jamesbern, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012

12. I am green with envy. tom.:supergrin:

13. Very nice

Congrats! :cool:

14. nice gun, i'd like to shoot one. it is a little shorter in the grip than the g36, and flatter and thinner. i like shooting the 36, i'm thinking the XDs maybe a little harder to hold, but thin is easy to hide.:wavey:

15. I had a 36 and have large hands. I'm definitely liking the XDs much more myself.

16. AWGD8

AWGD8 Sr. Glocker29SF

I just shot with my new XDs 45 today for the first time and this one is a keeper. Very accurate! The recoil is a little bit more than my Glock39 45 GAP, but that is very minimal. I find my Sig P938 Extreme 9mm a bit harsh to shoot than both my 45's.

The Glock 39 has a crisper trigger break than the XDs. The XDs has a little bit mushy or tiny creep before it breaks. I prefer the XDs trigger bec. It is very predictable when to break.

17. Great pictures and great post. Thanks and enjoy the new buy.