close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New SPARC

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by TedG, Nov 26, 2011.

1. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

Works very well. I was keeping groups inside of 4-5" at 100 yards, and really tight at 50 yards. And, I saved enough money to buy a new lower.

[​IMG]

2. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    Is that a Vortex? the button configuration looks like my Strikefire. If it is, that thing is nice! My strikefire works awesome for 150 dollar red dot.

3. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    Just looked it up, it is a Vortex! Fantastic. They have great customer service and seem to have quality products. I bought the red/green strikefire on accident, they just started coming out with the brighter red only at the time. They swapped it for the red only version for me for only 20 bucks after I had mounted it on the gun (didnt shoot it).

4. KiloXray

KiloXray

Sep 28, 2009
    Earth
    Questions about the SPARC. How does the 2x magnifier work? It is switch operated? Twist the reticle? Also, Is the magnification clear? How is the relief?

5. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

Duplicate post.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  6. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

It uses a screw-on magnifier. I haven't used it, and I probably won't.

There are loads of reviews on Google that include the magnifier and video torture tests.

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Guess I'm a bit behind on that optic,,........tons of favorable reviews!

8. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

That's why I bought it. I researched it quite a bit. The standard pricing is $199 and I haven't been able to find it any lower (including GB and eBay). I bought mine when Cabela's offered $20 off any $100 purchase.

I owned an Aimpoint H1, and while I can't really compare them, dollar for dollar, I like what I've got.

9. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    You do realise the Aimpoint(high dollar optic) snobs will be here soon to bash you to death!! I'm going to be getting a Vortex Strikefire on my next AR(PSA)
    I've been reading up on these as well. Looks to be a good optic for those of us that can't see paying $400-500 for an Optic! If it works an helps put bullets on target thats what counts!:supergrin:

PS Does that rifle have a fun switch? Fullauto?

10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy

I have an Aimpoint Comp M2,......love it. Lots of hands on experience when
    I was active duty with them. I have a PA micro that gets use on a dedicated
    .22LR upper. While I am mostly happy with it, it's battery life sux!

11. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

Believe me, I knew I was taking a risk.

I'm waiting for the hordes. But, I'm used to living on the wild side.... I support PSA, and I have a BCM upper on Spikes lower! Maybe it's a death-wish.

:rofl:

12. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    Oh Good Christ......."Battle grade!" ..blah-blah-blah...... "fighting gun" ....blah-blah-blah....... "Must be milspec" ....blah-blah-blah.
    :rofl::rofl:

13. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

Exactly. :upeyes:

14. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    Chest out, gut sucked in, bro-stache kickin', wearing camo and talking about training schools like Red Dawn is about to happen and we all better be ready....:rofl::rofl:

15. no, spike tactical lowers just have the pictograms in place for full-auto.
    if you look above semiauto, you will see there is no hole there for the trigger parts to go full auto.

16. catalyst686

catalyst686

Apr 13, 2010
    Minnesota
    Does the sparc come with a mount like the strikefire does?

17. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

The mount is visable in the photo and provides 3 height options.