close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New skinning knife.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by mpol777, Nov 22, 2004.

1. mpol777

mpol777
    Expand Collapse
    Feral Member

I picked up a new skinning knife and gave it the first test this weekend. It's an A.G. Russell Woodswalker. Link here The steel is reletively soft and it takes an edge nicely. A good blade shape and length. The handle is comfortable and easy to work and it's only $20.

EDIT: Fixed the link. The knife I'm talkiing about is about 1/4 the way down the page. Looks like this.

[​IMG]

2. noway

noway
    Expand Collapse

Link doesn't work. But my Kbar hunting knife is the best knife that I've used for gutting and skinning animals. It holds a sharp edge for ever.

It did cost me over $33.00, but I was so impress, I bought a second one for just in case.

http://www.galatiinternational.com/...ct_Code=KB1441&Category_Code=KabarFixedBlades

I then picked up their skinner ( same knife but different blade gives for more control )

http://www.galatiinternational.com/...ct_Code=KB1442&Category_Code=KabarFixedBlades

Now I can skin most game animals with no problems.

3. nyredneck

nyredneck
    Expand Collapse
    كا&

I always use a Schrade " Improved Muskrat" folding style knife. Good carbon blade, holds sharp edge well I've skun hundreds of animals from my trapline with it. Too bad schrade's going out of buisness!:(

4. noway

noway
    Expand Collapse

{Too bad schrade's going out of buisness!}
    that's bad news, I've bought alot of their knifes for fishing and in my tackle box.