close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New skinning knife.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by mpol777, Nov 22, 2004.

1. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Cochise County, AZ
    I picked up a new skinning knife and gave it the first test this weekend. It's an A.G. Russell Woodswalker. Link here The steel is reletively soft and it takes an edge nicely. A good blade shape and length. The handle is comfortable and easy to work and it's only $20.

EDIT: Fixed the link. The knife I'm talkiing about is about 1/4 the way down the page. Looks like this.

[​IMG]

2. Link doesn't work. But my Kbar hunting knife is the best knife that I've used for gutting and skinning animals. It holds a sharp edge for ever.

It did cost me over $33.00, but I was so impress, I bought a second one for just in case.

http://www.galatiinternational.com/...ct_Code=KB1441&Category_Code=KabarFixedBlades

I then picked up their skinner ( same knife but different blade gives for more control )

http://www.galatiinternational.com/...ct_Code=KB1442&Category_Code=KabarFixedBlades

Now I can skin most game animals with no problems.

3. nyredneck

nyredneck كا&

Oct 22, 2002
    N43 07.671 W75 17.747
    I always use a Schrade " Improved Muskrat" folding style knife. Good carbon blade, holds sharp edge well I've skun hundreds of animals from my trapline with it. Too bad schrade's going out of buisness!:(

4. {Too bad schrade's going out of buisness!}
    that's bad news, I've bought alot of their knifes for fishing and in my tackle box.