close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Sights for my Kimber Eclipse Pro II

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Boxerglocker, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    Looking at doing some more tactical handgun classes this coming new year. I'm going to use the 1911 more as all the previous classes have always been with Glocks and want to be more proficient with the 1911. The OEM Meps on my Kimber Eclipse Pro II are dimming out. I thought of calling Kimber and possibly getting them replaced under warranty but honestly not very fond of the sight picture.

I'm thinking of the Henie LEDGE sights with straight eight configuration Trijicon vials. Anyone have of use these? My other choice are XS 24/7 Big Dots, which I have alot of experience with previous.

Yeah, finding myself carrying the big boy a little more in a MTAC IWB now that winter is here and concealing with a fleece vest and/or jacket is more and more the norm.

[​IMG]

http://www.heinie.com/product_info.php?cPath=9_26&products_id=180

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    i use a tritium front and 10-8 rear and just shot Lawdog's NN with Heinie Straight-8's i prefer either of those to a 3 dot setup.

another good option is the .156" notch 10-8 rear with an XS 24/7 front sight.

3. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    Those are good option too. :dunno:

I'm leaning toward the LEDGE sights to facilitate one hand racking on a hard surface. I'm not really too fussed over either a 2 or 3 dot NS configuration. I normally use the front sight only for low light CQB stuff. I have my Glock 19 set up that way with a Tritium front sight only.

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
  5. Didn't even notice his rear sight...was just concentrating on the front. LOL