Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

New Sig 1911 Tac Ops. A couple of Q's.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by atakawow, Mar 12, 2011.

1. atakawow

Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I picked up my Sig 1911 Tac Ops. Brand new. I have a couple of questions:

1) Look at picture #2. Is the thumb safety suppose to mar the frame that badly? There was no marring when I got it, but after say 5-10 uses of the thumb safety, the frame looks like that. Is that normal?

2) It seems the thumb safety has two "stages." Not sure how to describe it, but the safety would get a "click" at half way (see pic 3), another push will engage it fully (pic 4). However, the trigger cannot be pulled while the thumb safety is at the half way click.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. anytime metal rubs on metal you might have that...more noticeable on a black (Nitron?IONBond) pistol...try some gun grease or oil under it... for the staging or whatever of the thumb safety...I don't feel that in my SiG STX or any other 1911 type pistol I own and as a Southpaw...all mine have them...

...for what it's worth...mine get marks under the thumb safety too...

3. I just checked my Rock Island and it does not have those scratches behind the ts and it goes up and down no in between. I don't know if the scratches are normal or not just telling you about my particular gun.
  4. TSAX

Jun 5, 2010
    How has it shot for you. Any issues there.
  5. atakawow

Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Haven't shot it yet, just picked it up last night.
  6. just a shooter

just a shooter

Feb 7, 2007
    honestly, I would just shoot it.

guns tend to wear in after a while and all of the sharp edges and sticky clicky parts will smooth out with time.

unless you want to spend some time or money and have a smith polish out all of the metal to metal parts, I wouldn't worry about it.

nice gun by the way. I've been thinking about a sig 1911 myself.
  7. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Congrats on the new pistola!
  8. ImpeachObama

ImpeachObama Fuhgettaboutit

Dec 31, 2010
    I've been pondering a TAC OPS too, or a Sig Stainless 1911 version with a rail.
  9. Congrats, that is a nice one.
  10. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Congrats! I really like that gun. Hadn't had a chance to fondle or shoot one yet.
  11. atakawow

Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Finally had the chance to test it out. 150 flawless rounds (200gr swc reloads). The 151 - 158th did not feed, only because I was using my "one of a kind" swc reloads. :supergrin:

Overall, a superp pistol and features for the money.

In case anyone's wondering what my "one of a kind" swcs are, they are 230gr swc that, I THINK, are used for .45LC. :whistling:

(left) 200gr swc, (right) 230gr swc.

12. Nice pistol! just shoot it for now. The hesitation is common when fitting a new safety, and it is because it is very slightly rubbing on the sear. This can be easily polished out, either by a 'smith or the factory. I would not worry about it, because I bet the safety only does this when it is engaged, and it will disengage with one snap. Enjoy!
  13. BeckG19

Oct 6, 2010
    Carlsbad CA
    If it is sear contact causing this it will smooth out very quickly..