New SHTF TV drama - Revolution

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Bilbo Bagins, May 14, 2012.

1. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I seen the preview for Revolution last night. Looks pretty interesting. Its a permanent "Lights Out" Scenario, and it picks up on American life 15 years later. Its an NBC show, so I don't know their track record. Hopefully they will not handle it like CBS handled Jericho.

[ame=""]Revolution - Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Its funny, but between Falling Skies, The Walking Dead, and other shows like this, I find myself watching regular network TV series more then I did in a long time.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Menstrual Cups/Managing Periods post SHTF Survival/Preparedness Forum Yesterday at 9:50 PM
    Rehydration - Dealing with diarhea/vomiting post shtf Survival/Preparedness Forum Sep 5, 2015
    A random SHTF Survival/Preparedness Forum Aug 4, 2015
    Your SHTF ammunition choice Survival/Preparedness Forum Jun 28, 2015
    What do you do with the uninvited - SHTF or TEOTWAWKI Unknown? Survival/Preparedness Forum Jun 17, 2015

3. dissthis

dissthis Gun Fan

I guess NBC thinks only muskets, crossbows and swords will be the only weapons left after 15years to use.....fools...

If/when it comes on NetFlix...I'll check it out...(no cable)

4. CourtCop

Millennium Member

I'll give it a shot

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  5. Agreed. NBC not exactly a gun friendly organization....

BUT looks entertaining...

6. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

I think NBC executives are fools too but I got this by watching their "news" broadcasts.

A lot of series are available for streaming on the internet on the network's site. I hope this one is.
  7. Hey the Chicken Man from Breaking Bad is back.
  8. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

I just hope they don't drop the ball like with Jerico. I would have liked to see that series continued.
  9. Rather that learn how to fight with a sword I think I'll continue my range time with my AK's and Glock. Just in case I need to drop some sword weilders in 15 years
  10. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I know, that is the first thing I said when I saw him. Its funny how he is typecasted as the bad guy. He seemed like such a mild mannered businessman in Breaking Bad until the whole box cutter throat slash / poisoning an entire cartel / trying to kill Walt incident.

Its good to see him working again.

#9 Bilbo Bagins, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  11. m
    He is looking much healthier in this new series then at the end of BB.
  12. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless
    1. Project Mayhem

Looks kind of like The Postman.
  13. Bows and Flintlocks?
  14. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

Once the season ends I'll download it and try it.

I can't stand watching a show week to week anymore.
  15. mrmedina

mrmedina NRA Member

Hot chicks with bows............Hungergames ala TV. :supergrin:
  16. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

No, its not. He STILL gives me the creeps from BrBa. :shocked:

I wanted to kill him myself. He got that evil thing DOWN.

Trailer looks good. I'm in. This fall, monday nights.

Oh s$%$. MNF….arghhhhh maybe they'll encore it?
    #15 G29Reload, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  17. I suspect this is doomed - but I don't care. It only has to get me through to The Walking Dead.
  18. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

This new series will be canceled like Jericho on CBS for sure. All the major networks perfer reality TV junk like "dancing with the stars", "I'm free and easy", and "big loser".
    #17 TangoFoxtrot, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  19. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

I think these shows are funny. 15 years with no electricity, civilization has broken down, they are down to bows and muzzleloaders, and EVERYONE is perfectly clean, manicured, and have perfect haircuts.......yeah....... :)
  20. Anybody with an Isusu diesel engine will still have a "ride"
    I never cease to be amazed at what they can survive.

Yeah, wonder how long before the network execs lose their nerve on this show.
  21. At least this won't be like the mad max and postman where people had limitless ammo and everyone fired full auto. But if their using muskets, where are the caps being produced. These are not flintlocks but cap and ball. Also where wo0uld the powder be produced?