close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Shield .40

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by KSUGLocker, Feb 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KSUGLocker

KSUGLocker
    Expand Collapse

Bought a S&W Shield .40 from PSA. Picked it up yesterday and took it to the range today. I put about 50 rounds (reloads) down the pipe. Gun functioned fine and the felt recoil didn't seem any more pronounced than with my G27. Trigger was smooth but I need to practice more with it as I was pushing some rounds to the left.
    Then I decided to give my other often carried gun some practice. Keltec .380. Felt recoil with it was more in line with my S&W 640 in .357 magnum.

First impression of the Shield is I am very pleased. Not bad at all for $390 all in. I might retire the Keltec. I REALLY don't like shooting that gun.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. itstime

itstime
    Expand Collapse

I have a KT from years ago. Let my wife shoot it. She put 3 rounds down range and put it down.

Got her a shield in 9. She loves it.

3. hawgrider

hawgrider
    Expand Collapse

Yep love a Shield in 40. Have put about 300 rounds through one without any issues. Various ammo and I felt like the recoil was fine.

4. red2rider

red2rider
    Expand Collapse

S&W Shields. The single stack gun Glock should have made but didn't. The exact reason I bought a Shield 9mm.

Carry on. lol

5. formernuke

formernuke
    Expand Collapse

I'm starting to like the M&P line. I got the shield first then the full sized 40 and I have a 15-22 on hold.

I've the recoil for the shield in 40 isn't bad and easy to control. Great little pistol.

6. Southswede

Southswede
    Expand Collapse

You, me and a million others!!:supergrin:

7. fivestar

fivestar
    Expand Collapse

I also have a .40cal Shield and its my primary off duty carry weapon. So far no issues, ammo is easy to get, and its accurate enough for my abilities and it's intended role.

If Glock were to ever put out a single stack, Id buy one in a heartbeat, and this is coming from an avid "Glock hater."

8. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo
    Expand Collapse

Why would a Glock "hater" even look at Glock Talk let alone post here? :dunno:

I hate M&P's, but I never even visit their website let alone post there as I could not care less. I don't understand your logic.

9. fivestar

fivestar
    Expand Collapse

Im forced to carry a Glock at work. As such, its nice to stay up to date on current Glock things. Last time I checked, Glock Talk offers many subforums on things other than Glocks. In fact, this thread isnt even about Glocks...it's dealing specifically which S&W Shield's in .40cal, which I happen to use myself.

If you noticed, I used quotation marks around the word hater in my original post. I am implying that while I may dislike Glocks in general, im not outwardly bashing them by saying they suck, they're horrible, etc...

In my own personal experience, I've had 2 separate Glocks break rendering them unfit for duty use. Luckily, both times were at range sessions. Despite that, the fact remains that for some odd reason I shoot them quite well. So much so that, given a choice, I might even continue to carry a Glock even if I didnt have to. These are my reasons for being a "hater'; not that you asked however.

On a side note, I didnt ask for anyone to understand my logic. I could care less what anyone thinks of my reasoning or logic behind any of my decisions. I simply replied to a thread involving something that I have personal experience with. The last time I checked, I had that privilege to do so, and I certainly didnt need your permission, blessing, or understanding to do so.

#9 fivestar, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  10. plumbum2

plumbum2
    Expand Collapse

Awesome gun I plan on getting a 9mm.

It's not usually like me to want to do this to a carry gun. BUT I am going to and highly recommend the apex tac trigger kit( the one that replaces the sear). I shot a lot of rounds through one with the kit and IMO it was that good.

11. KSUGLocker

KSUGLocker
    Expand Collapse

I ordered the SCK Apex kit. It'll be here Thursday.

12. ca survivor

ca survivor
    Expand Collapse

I'm liking the M&P line of pistols, got the shield first then the full sized .45

13. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

I like my Shield .40 but I wouldn't enjoy a 600 round range session with it. I think it would get unpleasant after 200 or so.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

14. cbird77

cbird77
    Expand Collapse

I like mine as well, always wear it with the extended mag, no problems so far...