close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Self Defense Tracking Website

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by dcannon1, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcannon1

dcannon1

Oct 30, 2010
    Not sure if this could go here or another section, but anyway, since The Armed Citizen has sort of scaled back since they were sued I've put together a little streamlined site to document cases of self defense with firearms.

http://gunssavelives.net/

Short and sweet. Anyone can submit a news story about a firearm being used in self defense using the Submit a Story link at the site.

Hopefully this will be a good place to send people who say things like, "I don't know why anyone would ever need a gun."

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. Good resource there. Thanks for sharing.

3. dcannon1

dcannon1

Oct 30, 2010
    No problem. I'm trying to keep it updated, but ultimately I'm really going to need people to submit stories to keep it viable.

Added a few today. Some new, some old.

4. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    Very cool. we need to dig back and find a bunch

5. barstoolguru

barstoolguru texas proud

Jan 10, 2011
    dallas, tx
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  6. dcannon1

dcannon1

Oct 30, 2010
    Thanks for the encouragement. I hope to avoid similar issues to the Armed Citizen by simply linking to the stories, rather than including a summary/excerpt. This also means I can manage the site in less time than it would take to summarize each story.

Right now I'm mainly trying to work on getting some older stories in there while the stories/videos are still floating around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.