close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New SACS EMP landed at my FFL today

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by glock2740, Jun 18, 2012.

1. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Feels GREAT in my hand. Trigger feels great. Now my second gun with a gold bead front sight. This gold bead seems slightly larger and easier to pick up than the one on the Wilson Stealth. Taking them to the range together, as I didn't get a chance to shoot the Stealth this weekend. I haven't even shot the EMP and am VERY impressed with it. SACS did quite a bit of work to it, so that probably has something to do with it. :cool: Can't wait to see how Ion Bond is as a carry gun finish. This will be my first experience with Ion Bond. Here's a few cell phone pics I took in the truck as soon as I picked it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. Rl168

Rl168

Feb 6, 2011
    Very nice, like the all black look. What lpi is that front strap checkering?

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Sweet,........what are your impressions of the gold bead front sight?
    Been thinjing of one for the No Name. :supergrin:

4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Well, just got back from the range with the EMP and the Stealth for their maiden voyages. All I can say is WOW!:wow: Started off with the Stealth. Shoots lights out. :cool: Made a fist sized hole in the center of the target at 20 yards using 100 rounds. Shoots POA/POI, just like it should. Very first shot peirced the quarter sized bullseye! I should've just stopped and called her good. :rofl:Up next was the EMP 9. Ran 100 rounds at 20 yards with it, using the head of the silouhette target I had been using for the Stealth. First shot, I must have jerked or something, as I missed the head altogether and it placed the shot over the "bad guy" right should. :shocked: I thought, ought oh. I just realized why I got such a good deal on this thing. Well, the second shot was alot better and the rest of the magazine emptied into a nice little group. As, did the next 92 rounds, as the head target ended up having a fist sized hole in it as well. :cool: 2 GREAT guns that perform top notch. :thumbsup:

5. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I like the gold bead sights alot. Today was the first time I've ever shot a gun with a gold bead FS and both of these guns are equipped that way. In the dark, you'd be SOL, but in the light they shine like a diamond. :cool: I've been leaning towards all of my newer guns having all black rear sights with either a tritium, gold bead or fiber optic. I'm not a big FO fan, but I recently had one put on my STI Legacy, as it will only be a range gun and in the daytime, that FO glows like mofo. :cool:

6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Thanks for the feedback Joe. :thumbsup:

I love the glow of a FO sight,......hate the look.

7. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Thanks. 30LPI.

8. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    What a sweet EMP! I'm glad it's a great shooter for you also. I appreciate hearing about your experience with a gold front sight. I'm impressed once again with SACS.

9. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    More pics and my carry rig for it. Brommeland Max Con V. Great CC setup IMO. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]