close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New S&W Snubbie!

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by RJT, Jan 19, 2010.

1. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29

2. ArtCrafter

ArtCrafter ¤Hocker Mocker¤

Jul 14, 2008
  3. pjva04

pjva04 Snub Lover

Looks interesting. I have to admit, that may take some serious muscle memory retraining for some of us with the cylinder latch being on the top. But, it may be worth it...

4. snubfan

snubfan Giant Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Omaha
    I was thinkin the same thing!

5. Dogguy

Dogguy

Aug 2, 2008
    Soggy South.
    Okay...here's my take.

It's marketing.

Just because it's different, it will have a market. And marketing in the name of the game.

Is it better? Not necessarily. Just different. That's enough. Success is guaranteed.

6. RJT

RJT

Feb 15, 2002
    CT
    Honestly, I think they are doing this to compete with Ruger and their revolutionary plastic framed revolver. It appears that this frame has a similar design from the pictures. Their new .380 seems to be aimed squarely at the LCP as well. Ruger has come out with a great engineering idea in the LCR and must be gaining a lot of sales at their expense.

7. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    The .380 looks to be a definite step up from the LCP/P3at with metal sights and a stronger construction. I like the thumb safety too. It still looks like a Taurus.

The Bodyguard revolver is just as weird as the Ruger LCR Hopefully it has more ejector rod than the J frame 2" guns. I don't like the location of the cylinder release, I'd be worried of activating while holstering in/out of pocket.....but maybe it's a non-issue.

8. Messer

Messer

Jan 13, 2003
    Central Virginia
    When I first saw the pictures of the new S&W revolver, it reminded me of the old S&W Safety Hammerless revolvers (lemon squeezer). They had a button in the same location to open the action, but it was a top break. I have one in 38 S&W down in the safe - neat old gun.

I doubt it will be much of a worry - especially if you use a holster.

As to the polymer revolvers - Ruger must be selling a few, since both S&W and Taurus have them now. (a polymer Judge? no thanks!)

Take care,
    Bob S.

9. pangloss9

pangloss9

Mar 2, 2009
    middle TN
    I think this design change makes it likely that you could activate the cylinder release when drawing from pocket carry. I've never seen one in person, so I could be wrong.

10. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
  11. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

Jan 19, 2004
    Louisville Kentucky
    Ruger sells alot of LCRs so I figure S&W had to jump on board too..
    I'll keep my 100% forged anodized frame pre lock 642 Airweight thanks..
    The cylinder latch being on top could be a good thing as many folks get thier thumbs tore up by the standard type..
    I haven't handeled one yet & probobly won't be long till they hit the streets
    Only time will tell..

12. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    i thought i still saw the lock hole....maybe i was wrong, maybe.

i like the way they mounted the laser more on the bore axis and away from the trigger finger.

13. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

Jan 19, 2004
    Louisville Kentucky
    There is a small screw in the lock spot but I believe it's the other end of the screw that holds the laser in place.. Could Be Wrong Though??
    I will have to say that the grip is made to make you grab higher on the frame closer to the bore axis, You can't tell from the pics but think they went with the Ruger/Dan Wesson style grip tang..

14. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    That's one ugly mother!
    So now S&W is trying to copy Ruger?! :dunno:

15. a1b2c3

a1b2c3

Jul 10, 2002
    TX
    Interesting design but I hate lasers and rubber grips on concealed carry weapons.

16. 17z

17z

Oct 3, 2006
    Omaha,Nebraska
    I will stick with my Ruger SP101 and LCR. S&W just will cost too darn much for me. 17z