New ruger p95

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Crook214, Feb 29, 2012.

1. I was just informed that I won a ruger p95 pistol from a raffle at a gunshow! Will be picking up on Friday and will post pics then.... Any good or negative comments on said pistol? I would love to hear anything y'all got on it.....
    (edit: it was a TSRA diva raffle ha ha ha)

Sent from my iPhone 4.....

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Crook214, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    F/S Tan Safariland Sude Lined Ruger Blackhawk Holster Holsters & Related Items Thursday at 4:16 PM
    Ruger American Predator vs. Savage Hog Hunter General Firearms Forum Wednesday at 7:00 PM
    Glock 43 vs Ruger LC9S Pro General Glocking Wednesday at 2:32 PM
    Ruger RPR GATE Long-Range Shooting Wednesday at 10:32 AM
    NIB RUGERS: SR22 22lr 10 rnds 3 mags AND SR9E 9mm 17+1, THREE (3) mags N.IL west burbs FTF Firearms Listings Tuesday at 10:26 PM

3. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

My dad loves hit. Has thousands of rounds through it, under 300 bucks, and never once a hiccup. In fact, he loves it so much that he uses it(rather than his beretta) for his nightstand gun.

4. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

People like to hate on Ruger, especially their poly frame guns like the P95 and P97 BUT I had a KP95 and probably kept it longer then about any other handgun that I've owned, it was that nice. Carried well in an IWB holster for CCW, reliable, accurate enough for self defense work, didn't cost an arm and a leg, easy to take care of. It and the Taurus 605, 357Mag Snub were probably the two handguns that I've held onto the longest, probably about a year and a half for each. Why, because they were good at what they did and didn't cost so much that I felt that I could sell them and buy two other guns with the money.LOL.
    Congrats on getting a good work gun, not fancy but just like a Chevy Truck they're Like a Rock in that they're solid, dependable and utterly reliable.

5. Great cant wait till I can pick it up Friday....

Sent from my iPhone 4.....

6. Congrats! :cool:

The p series Rugers are great pistols.

7. We use the P series as our duty guns. Built like a tank and reliable decently accurate also. ive qualified within 2 points of perfect several times but always seem to have at least 1 flyer thats outside the area...normally at 25 yards.

8. Cole125

Silver Member

Congrats, good guns. They go bang every time, and are built like a tank. :cool:

9. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

Won't win any bullseye matches with it (mainly due to the trigger), but it's a very serviceable gun. Probably the best bet in the price range. Reliable, good capacity.

10. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

A P95 was my first gun. Excellent ergonomics for my big hands. I hear a lot of people are happy with them, and hoping you are too.

Mine was a lemon. Sent it back to the factory and they said it was fine. I gave up trying to get it to finish a mag without stovepiping, sold it at a loss, and wont buy another Ruger

11. Congrats!

My buddy has one. I tried to dislike it, that didn't work.

It shoots very well and is very accurate.

12. Best new gun for $300 on the market in my opinion.