New RTF2 G17s?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by plouffedaddy, Dec 6, 2012.

1. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Well I am sure it would be Gen 3 insides since that is the frame size RTF2s are based on.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I'd love to get a 1st have review of this pistol. Is it as good as the original? Did GLOCK change something?

3. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

That much I don't know. I would imagine all they are doing is using current Gen3 production parts in it. Doubt they would bother turning out new parts just for this run.
  4. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

I'd hate to see Glock muddy the reputation of the RTF2 as those have been a sure thing.
  5. I know a brand new one is with gills
  6. I know where there is one with Gills. The shop has it very over priced,somebody is smoking something. SJ 40
  7. Old style with double recoil spring ??
  8. They will be just like current Gen 3's except with the RTF2 frame (straight serrations).

Looks like GLOCK has taken notice on the resurged interest in RTF2.
  9. I hope they eventually do a run of Gen4 g19s with gills. I really like the gills on my rtf2 17.
  10. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I'll hang on to my Gen 3 G17.
  11. I just bought a USA made G17 RTF2. Serial number starts AAAC6## Test fire date is 11-20-2012
  12. byaah does it have the fish gills?
  13. Little Joe

Platinum Member

Personally, I couldn't care less about the scalloped serrations. It's just as easy to rack either slide. It's all about the grip for me. I do hope they make the RTF2 grip available again.

14. Yes I am quite curious myself. Are they making US-made RTF2s now?

Gills or not, thats pretty awesome.
  15. Not really.

I had a consecutive serial numbered pair of RTF2 17s that were crap. Brass to the face and something was wrong that caused the trigger pull to get progressively heavier and cause excessive wear to the trigger bar in about 1K rounds.

It was a frame out of spec problem, new parts did not fix it.
  16. I actually find the gills to grip better which is odd. Looking at them I figured they wouldn't work well. I don't ever want them to be standard but I do like it as an option.
  17. Copied from another thread:

Kinda disappointed they don't have gills. I am waiting on mine from Buds and that's the only reason I purchased it. That and it was only $455 shipped.
  18. Just found this thread and now must have another RTF2
  19. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

That's kind of dick-ish.
    What difference does it make if you're over the phone or in store.. Are they gonna cover up the serial when your in store looking at the gun?