close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New rookie...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Metro566, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Metro566

Metro566 Gunfighter

May 27, 2011
    Georgia
    Hey guys...I have been lurking the boards for the past few years, but have always refrained from posting. I've gained a bunch of good information from everyone over the years while I served as a Reserve Deputy with a moderately sized Sheriff's Department.

After following tons of advice on here regarding interviews, backgrounds, psychs, etc, I was recently hired on with a much large Sheriff's Department and get sworn in on Monday.

I know pretty much no one here knows me, but I wanted to thank you guys for the help you didn't know you gave me and say I look forward to being a "productive" CT poster.

I will be in training for a grip, but in the end I'm hoping it will pay off. I put a huge "note" on my door that says "Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut" to remind me that all the crap I thought I knew from being a Reserve Deputy doesn't mean a damn thing now that I'm up in the big leagues.

For aspiring LEO's...I just want to pass this along; I don't know how it will be for you, but the interview has nothing on the psych....goodluck :)

2. Good luck with everything Metro and be safe! BTW is Ca zombieland or is it NYC?

3. Metro566

Metro566 Gunfighter

May 27, 2011
    Georgia
    Southern part of the midwest ;) the people we serve act about the same lol

4. Don't forget to keep your boots shined as well...:rofl:....Best of luck and enjoy the ride.....:wavey:

5. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    shining boots ha, tennis shoes are where its at :)

6. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    You can't be a "jack tennis shoe thug," can you? Boo-yah!

7. rookie1

rookie1

Mar 3, 2009
    Iowa
  8. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

Jan 6, 2009
    Dub V

Several depts in my aarea have outlawed any type of athleitc shoe on duty, and mandate uniform shoes or boots.

9. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    i dont even know what that means

10. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    in addition to tennis shoes we can also wear cowboy boots :)

11. Congrats annd good luck!

Remember to watch their hands. Always watch the hands..

12. Metro566

Metro566 Gunfighter

May 27, 2011
    Georgia

Instead of a "jackbooted thug" :)

And 4949, I will! Thanks everyone...I'm getting anxious to start :supergrin: