close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New rohrbaugh and slide bite

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by bucky_925, Feb 9, 2013.

1. bucky_925

bucky_925

Dec 29, 2000
    North Carolina
    I just acquired a slightly used rohrbaugh with a very nice wallet holster for a very fair price. I couldn't wait to take it to the range to try it out. I put 40 rounds of speer gold dot 124 grain through her and she ran great! However around the 30 round mark my hands were getting a bit fatigued and as I concentrated on the front sights I let my thumb get a bit high on this little gun, and the pup bit me but good.

2. blastfact

blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Were you shooting thumb over back of pistol? Slide bite comes with the game. A slide bite off the knuckle seems like a shooting issue....

Heal up and keep shooting. :)

3. bucky_925

bucky_925

Dec 29, 2000
    North Carolina
    LOL....I've been shooting since I was 9 years old (51 now) I've made plenty of mistakes and this is another one. The gun is so little for a 9mm there is not much room to grip it. I was trying to get the best groups of the day out of her and left my off hand a little high and the slide slid by my thumb...but thanks for your MMQB'ing.

4. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    If you are right handed that thumb almost had to be behind the slide.

5. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Slide grip serrations get you?

How does the Rohrbaugh compare in size to the LCP, or LC9?

ooc

6. bucky_925

bucky_925

Dec 29, 2000
    North Carolina
    I can't really say hogship. I can only compare it to my seecamp or colt mustang. It's smaller than the mustang and bigger than the seecamp if that helps any. It disappears in my wallet holster.

7. RJ's Guns

RJ's Guns

Dec 25, 2010
    I just read that you shoot left handed so my comment was irrelevant. So I deleted it.

RJ

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  8. bucky_925

bucky_925

Dec 29, 2000
    North Carolina
    Ok let me clear it up...My hand was NOT behind the slide! The slide grazed my thumb as I was getting fatugued and trying to get a good grip. Geeze I hate I even posted it...rofl I could have gotten the same responces from my wife!

9. RRP

RRP

Oct 28, 2012
    This reminds me of a Forrest Gump quote.

10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    VERY close in size to an LCP.

I have an R9,......no idea how that could have happened.

11. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Sorry you got sliced by it. Other than that, how do you like it?

I have heard that some guys prefer to wear gloves when they use the Rohrbaugh for five hundred or thousand rounds at the range...

12. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Tx
    bucky 925:

I'm not sure I've ever shot 30 rounds in one outing with my R9.....so congrats on that alone.

Take a look at the Rohrbaugh Forum for some useful info on the little blaster.

One of the forum members there makes a mag extension that eases the pain of range sessions considerably. I see that he has now ceased production......however, I have some extras. If you would care to have one just PM me and I'll send one to you - no charge. I could use some karma right now + it's just sitting around waiting for a good home.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  13. sharp

sharp

Jan 12, 2005
    A little bigger than the LCP and a lot smaller than the LC9!

14. RJ's Guns

RJ's Guns

Dec 25, 2010
  15. Just_plinking

Just_plinking

Jan 24, 2012
    Haha, I'm left handed and have a boxer too. A fortunate coincidence, as both are good things. Congrats on the new gun. Haters gonna hate.

16. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

Jan 3, 2006
    Humble, TX
    Sorry your new Roscoe bit you! Soon after I got my first 1911 I was holding it 'wrong' and the slide sliced my left thumb up. Looked just about like your wound. Still have a faint scar and I think of it as a 'rite of passage'.:wavey:

17. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    Meh! Who cares about your thumb? ;) Let's see photos of the GUN!