close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Rock Island Tactical 45 review

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Viper 1, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Viper 1

Viper 1

Aug 24, 2011
    Bought a new Tactical 45 5 inch Duracoat model this weekend and ran 150 rounds today; great shooter, extemely accurate. I ran Winchester 230 range and FMJ 230 range ammo; perfect.

It came with only 1 mag but I bought another ACT mag and a 10 round CMC mag.

I had 3 FTF issues with those mags but I'm thinking it's only a break-in issue.

This is my first 1911 45 and I'm very pleased; relatively soft shooter and deadly accurate.

I had my Glock smith disassemble it and educate me on cleaning, etc. He claims it shares many identical parts with a Kimber and/or Colt at half the price.

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Glad you like it :thumbsup:

Armscor makes solid 1911s for a great price.

3. RedsoxFan4Lyfe

RedsoxFan4Lyfe

Jul 16, 2007
    Florida USA
    Use Wilson mags. My buddy has two RIA 1911's and with Wilson mags they have been flawless with all kinds of ammo over the last eight years.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Your smithy is a genius!!!

M1911s share many parts with each other.:whistling:

5. average nobody

average nobody

Nov 28, 2010
    a friend of mine has 2 rock island 45's. he bought one a few yrs back it was flawless . the 2nd one he got a yr later had minor issues with feeding and ejecting. so he polished the feed ramp and bent the extractor a little and has no issues with it since.