close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Remington R-51

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by paragon1, Jan 2, 2014.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    That's pretty damn cool.

I'll have to check that mutha out when it's fully released.

2. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    Interesting, but I suspect the grip safety will be complained about to no end like on every other gun with one. Depending on quality and shootability, it will easily compete with the other single stack 9s out there.

3. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Aug 2, 2004
    Vancouver, WA.
    I like it! The one thing I do not like is the capacity. 8 rounds in 9mm? Seriously? I know it's supposed to be a CCW, but in an age where we have compact 9mm's carrying 10 rounds (Kel-Tec, Glock, etc etc), I kind of expected a little more here.

Other than that, it's a nice looking gun.

4. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

May 31, 2011
    To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. It will interesting to see how this plays out. One thing is for sure in the gun industry and that is capitalism is alive & well. Build what people want (or think they want) and they will throw money at you.

5. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    I love the original mod 51 and gotta say this new one has me intrigued.

6. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    It's close to the size of the Shield and XDS which are two of it's competitors that have the same flush fit 7rd. magazine capacity.

7. High Altitude

High Altitude

Nov 19, 2005
    Tennessee
    If it really has a straight back 1911 SA type trigger (in feel). It is going to be popular as long as it is reliable.

Kind of like a hk squeeze cocker but with a grip safety instead.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  8. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Aug 2, 2004
    Vancouver, WA.
    Hopefully, they offer the gun in a full size configuration; providing, of course, that it's successful. I wouldn't mind seeing a small rail on the front, with maybe a 4.5" barrel, and a 15-round capacity. But that's just me. I imagine it could be possible, while still keeping the weight in acceptable limits, as well as the price down.

9. This is definitely something interesting. I can't wait to see SHOT show reports on it.

10. Russ in PA

Russ in PA

Dec 10, 2001
  11. willieH

willieH

May 4, 2012
    Tennessee
    Performance and reliability of the mechanical design is reported to be very good. The Remington M51 was one of the three "insurance" guns carried by General Patton. What I find interesting, if it weren't for a confluence of events, we might all be admiring our Model 53 (.45 version), instead of the beloved 1911's. Early testing gave the .45 prototype better reliability ratings than the 1911.

I'm definitely going to give the new gun a look, when one becomes available locally. At first glance, the designers could have reserved that slide swoosh for running shoes and dropped the frame serrations. The original appearance had an elegance that only required a subtle touch to update. (pics from online sources)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
  13. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    That is a good looking pistol! With a street price of $350 I might have to buy one

14. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw

Apr 27, 2013
    Texas
    Ha! I was thinking the same thing!!!!

15. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

Apr 28, 2002
    Above ground
    Looks pretty neat. It is a little larger in all dimensions than a Kahr PM9.

16. X-ray 4N6

X-ray 4N6

May 18, 2006
    London (ex SA)
    The back of that R-51 looks similar to a Vektor CP1.

17. Looks cool to me. If reliable.

18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Nice. I like Remington long guns and that looks close to perfect for a CCW gun. I'll be checking it out.