New Remington R-51

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by paragon1, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Mac Rips Remington's R-51 a new ONE! General Firearms Forum Apr 27, 2014
    Anyone have a Remington R-51 ? General Firearms Forum Jan 18, 2014
    Remington Announces New R-51 Pistol General Firearms Forum Jan 3, 2014
    Remington 870 Magnum with Surefire Forend Firearms Listings Sunday at 2:29 PM
    Remington 870 Tactical Shotguns Aug 19, 2015

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

That's pretty damn cool.

I'll have to check that mutha out when it's fully released.

3. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

Interesting, but I suspect the grip safety will be complained about to no end like on every other gun with one. Depending on quality and shootability, it will easily compete with the other single stack 9s out there.

4. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I like it! The one thing I do not like is the capacity. 8 rounds in 9mm? Seriously? I know it's supposed to be a CCW, but in an age where we have compact 9mm's carrying 10 rounds (Kel-Tec, Glock, etc etc), I kind of expected a little more here.

Other than that, it's a nice looking gun.

5. To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. It will interesting to see how this plays out. One thing is for sure in the gun industry and that is capitalism is alive & well. Build what people want (or think they want) and they will throw money at you.

6. Berto

Berto woo woo

I love the original mod 51 and gotta say this new one has me intrigued.

7. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

It's close to the size of the Shield and XDS which are two of it's competitors that have the same flush fit 7rd. magazine capacity.

8. If it really has a straight back 1911 SA type trigger (in feel). It is going to be popular as long as it is reliable.

Kind of like a hk squeeze cocker but with a grip safety instead.

#8 High Altitude, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  9. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Hopefully, they offer the gun in a full size configuration; providing, of course, that it's successful. I wouldn't mind seeing a small rail on the front, with maybe a 4.5" barrel, and a 15-round capacity. But that's just me. I imagine it could be possible, while still keeping the weight in acceptable limits, as well as the price down.

10. This is definitely something interesting. I can't wait to see SHOT show reports on it.

11. It looks like a modernized Makarov.

12. Performance and reliability of the mechanical design is reported to be very good. The Remington M51 was one of the three "insurance" guns carried by General Patton. What I find interesting, if it weren't for a confluence of events, we might all be admiring our Model 53 (.45 version), instead of the beloved 1911's. Early testing gave the .45 prototype better reliability ratings than the 1911.

I'm definitely going to give the new gun a look, when one becomes available locally. At first glance, the designers could have reserved that slide swoosh for running shoes and dropped the frame serrations. The original appearance had an elegance that only required a subtle touch to update. (pics from online sources)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. I like the way that looks alot.

14. That is a good looking pistol! With a street price of $350 I might have to buy one

15. Ha! I was thinking the same thing!!!!

16. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember
    CLM

Looks pretty neat. It is a little larger in all dimensions than a Kahr PM9.

17. The back of that R-51 looks similar to a Vektor CP1.

18. Now that is interesting!!

19. Looks cool to me. If reliable.

20. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Nice. I like Remington long guns and that looks close to perfect for a CCW gun. I'll be checking it out.