I adopted a 3 month old siberian husky/german shepard from the local pound on thursday. I had to wait until today (monday) to pick her up as they had to spay her still. When we pick her up, they tell us she has had a lot of nasal discharge and it's probabably from a respiratory infection. I immediately called our vet and took the puppy in 45 minutes later. The vet said it could be distemper. She is on antibiotics now to see if it clears things up. If antibiotics clear it up, then it's not distemper. If it is distemper, I definately don't have the money to try and treat it. And if i did have the money to treat it, most dogs have long term problems even if they do recover. I will be devastated if I have to put her down. I've been looking for the perfect dog and then I found her by lucky circumstances. I just needed to get it off my chest. thanks.