close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New pup

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by USPcompact, Jan 11, 2005.

1. USPcompact

USPcompact

Feb 28, 2004
    North Carolina
    This is Cabela after her first hunting excursion this past Saturday. She is 9 weeks old today.

2. jtshombre

jtshombre

Jun 18, 2004
    Plentywood, MT.
    Fine looking pup, and she looks right at home with those geese and that duck. May you both have many an adventure afield for many years to come, take care,

3. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002
    Good looking pup!
    I bought a Choc Lab, this past Sunday, (six weeks old).

CanyonMan

4. stk10767

stk10767

Mar 29, 2001
    Little Pooch-Pooch!

I have a new wallpaper, thanks!

5. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

May 16, 1999
    New Hampshire
    Good looking pup showing a lot of restraint. My 2.5 year old DD would be chewing on those birds. ;Q

6. Sundog

Sundog Thread Killer

That is a good looking dog! I have a 4 year old black Lab, and I regret that I had her spayed and never bred her. She has a terrific bloodline, and carries all three colors in her genes.

Here she is at about one year:

[​IMG]

7. Great looking dogs. That pup picture is great!

I have a 7 year old chocolate now. Absolutely the best dog I've ever had and I've had 5 good ones. She thinks she's in heaven whenever she's wet. Rugged and very low maintenance.

8. nyredneck

nyredneck كا&

Oct 22, 2002
    N43 07.671 W75 17.747
    Good looking pup! I love that name, Cabela! Gonna name the next one Basspro or Redhead!;f Sorry couldn't resist!

9. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

May 16, 1999
    New Hampshire
    OK, since this is turning into a puppy pic thread, here is Reba. She's a Deutsch Drahthaar, 2.5 years old. This was Sat on a pheasant hunt. She's locked up solid on a hen that was about 4' away from her. It eventually ended up in my vest when I was done taking pics. LOL

10. duncan

duncan Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 15, 1999
    Seattle
    Great looking dogs!

I miss my hunting lab in Ohio. At eight weeks, she was running after birds and hitting the water hard!

Here is my current dog. I could train her to retrieve but she's so agile, the agility trials may be what she digs:

[​IMG]

She's part golden retriever and part poodle. A real chick magnet too.

She knows a good dozen commands at 6 months too.

Love her!

11. shrpshtr

shrpshtr

Jan 25, 2001
    Sumter, SC, USA
    y'all with the chocolate labs need to be careful...this is what they turn into...;).

btw, i really like that puppy pic with the goose. sharp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. quinnt

quinnt

Jan 26, 2005
    New Hampshire
    nice dogs everyone

my grandparents have a chocolate lab
    he's awesome
    slowed down alot in the ast 2 years thought
    arthritis,tearing a tendon in its back leg, and runnign into the side of a truck doin 40mph

13. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

Man, that is exactly what i am hoping for! :cool:
    This will make our second chocolate lab, but, this one is being "house broke," the other was an out door only dog. I am finding out just how much Labs love to chew up everything in the house!

This one has the makings of a fine hunter though, if i can get my daughter do do sme pics i'll post 'em.

Fine looking Lab in the pic above...All of them are!

Take care of those dogs boys.

CanyonMan

14. duncan

duncan Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 15, 1999
    Seattle
    All you can do with indoor dogs is have a ton of chew toys that are theirs alone.

After a couple of obedience class, my girl "knows" that if I grunt at her, to stop whatever she does. Drives my wife crazy because it was "suppposed" to be her dog - she picked her.

But just some basic training and even mouthy dogs line up!

15. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

I hear ya duncan. Man our floor is covered with 'chew toys,' yet he finds something else, (usually belonging to my wife), to chew on!

I even hung a small rope from one of the big wooden beams that run across our ceiling and allowed it to hang aboub 5" off the floor with a knot in the end. Man he goes wild on that one. The training is going well though, and he really is learning fast, but he is like a handful of bees on 'rocket fuel' for now. ;g

Now we start on the gun "bang" training.

Later

CanyonMan