close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

NEW: Popeil's pocket fisherman!!!

Discussion in 'MBR Club' started by wingryder, Jan 19, 2013.

1. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
  2. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC
    That's been out for quite sometime now, bud.

ETA: You're about 5 years. Unveiled at the '08 SHOT show.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013

3. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    Oh, I got an email from CTD saying it was something introduced at SHOT. My bad!

4. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC
    Screw Cheaper Than Dirt. No worries. If I could ever get my hands on one, I might put some money down on it.

And they might have introduced a new version of the RFB, but I doubt they would since they can't even keep up with production before the gun rush happened.

5. ranger1968

ranger1968

Mar 23, 2009
    It's been out for a couple of years, and while it looks like a really cool concept, no one ever seems to actually have any of them;

This is typical of Kel-Tec; they make some things , like the RFB and Kel-Tec Shotgun (the KSG) that look great, but they can never seem to make them in any quantitiy, or even have a regular production run of them.

6. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC
    I don't know what their problem is. They have 10's of thousands of people who are waiting for either the KSG, RFB, or the Sub2000. Last time I checked, there was a 13 month wait for a KSG. If they would ramp up production, they could make a ridiculous amount of money while making a huge amount of people happy.

7. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Ramping up production comes with it's own pitfalls, though. Cost of machines, growing pains on new tooling, possibility of your product being banned by law - leaving you with a bunch of tooling you really don't need and paid big bucks for.

Again, I doubt we will see an AWB, but you have to weigh these things against the possibility of buying new tooling if you are a manufacturer.

8. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    They beat me to it! They screwed me first. Cancelled my order for AR mags, then had them available for $100/ea! Sure, that's capitalism... but I will never do business with them again... thanks for reminding me to unsubscribe to their newsletter!

9. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Look at the PMR30. Going for around $600 when I see one.

They came out at $300. Rarely see one.

10. In some places that's considered fraud, bait and switch.

I will never do business with cheap trollish dumbasses. When I watched their ammo prices more then double in 08 I decided to never do business with them or sportman's guide again(same company owned both, might have changed by now). I literally saw a 300 dollar case of AR ammo jump to 800 dollars after the election results were in.

11. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    I'm constantly reading where Kel-Tec has expanded. They are even having to raise the price a good deal on the KSG to recoup expenses because it is supposed to be a named gun by Swinestein. They say that if it isn't banned the price will be reduced again.

I have learned to wait with Kel-tec. They make interesting guns, several I've come to really like, but they almost always have just as interesting issues that get worked out,fixed, redesigned. If you are an early adopter, they make things right if problems affect you but you are actually a beta tester.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  12. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    the PF9 seems to be a solid little gun... I have never shot one but online consensus has a solid reputation. I would like to eventually get a sub-2000 in glock 9mm... but I don't know about their reliability. I have heard that stuff breaks on them... good customer support but, I would rather have a reliable gun out of the box... not something I have to ship back to the factory for "great customer service".

13. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    I thought this was going to be a rail mounted fishing rod.