close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New PM9

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by Halojumper, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    A while ago, I posted that I had ordered a new PM9. It came in yesterday, and I was finally able to get down and break it in tonight. So far, I really like it. It is much easier to shoot than I expected. I had a PM40 and I still have an MK40 and the 40 in that size of package is a handful. It was reliable, accurate and fun to shoot. It will now go into my CCW rotation. Well, it's not exactly a rotation, but rather different guns for different situations.

2. Martlee3

Martlee3

Apr 15, 2008
    Englewood, CO
    Sure like my PM9 also. Accurate for such a small package. I bought mine in Aurora at Dave's Guns. Somewhere around Parker Road and Iliff if I remember right. About six or seven years ago. Not sure if they are still in business or not.

3. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    No, unfortunately Dave's is gone. They closed a couple of years ago. That was too bad too because were also a Glock LE distributor. Now I have to go all the way to Neeves in North Denver. As a matter of fact, I got my PM9 there under the LE/Military discount. Are you still in Aurora? It was a great day to he out on the bike yesterday.

ETA: I see you're in Englewood. That's not too far.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  4. user

user VaLegalDefense

Feb 15, 2008
    Va. and West Va.
    I like the "niche" approach, too. What gun I haul around with me depends on the situation I'll be in and clothing. I call the PM9 my "party gun", since it works great in an IWB holster with a narrow belt when I'm wearing a suit. My son calls it my "James Bond gun". Works great in a pocket holster, too.

Although it's incredibly accurate for a semiautomatic, I can't control the itty bitty thing well enough to be accurate with it off-hand at more than about ten yards, so it's not my favorite for routine use. But it's perfect for times when real concealment is a good idea.

5. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well I was able to shoot with it and what a soft shooter it is. I've had the 40 mini Kahrs and they were/are a handful. In fact, I have an MK40 that will probably go on the sale board now.