New Owner in NC

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Reciprocity, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Greetings,

New Gen 4 G17 owner here. I have a number of friends who swear by Glocks and have shot theirs a number of times over the years.

My main complaint for 20 years has been the "grip angle" issue. I've read plenty of posts about this and know it's not just me. I also didn't get the opinion on the grip from the internet as the first time I shot a Glock was sometime in the early 90's and at least a year or more before I ever went on the internet.

There have been a number of times I have almost pulled the trigger and bought a Glock, but I have always stopped myself at the last second knowing that the Glock just doesn't naturally point the same way as my other go to guns such as my HK USP and Beretta. Finally, I ran across the Grip Force adapter, which according to a number of reviews "fixes" the "grip angle" issue for many.

So, I bought a new 17 at my LGS. I believe the price was $529. The Grip Force is in the mail along with a Glock tool, but I took my new toy to the range along with my USP for comparison.

I mainly just put a lot of rounds through the new gun to get it broken in, but I did compare it back and forth with my USP. As usual, the Glock naturally shot high for me and I felt like I had to point unnaturally "down" to line up the sights. For me at least, the top of the back sight naturally lines up with the bottom of the front on the Glock. That said, I shot fairly well with the G17, but the groups were not as good as they were with the USP.

I look forward to getting more used to my new Glock and look forward to installing the new Grip Force adapter to see if I can get it to naturally aim like my other handguns.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...