close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New open gun

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Justin1911, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Justin1911

Justin1911

Feb 5, 2006
    Northeast GA
    Actually first unlimited gssf gun for me. I sold a recent cert to help fund the project. Ordered every from bobby carver - sts sight, mount, kkm barrel, sjc 5 port comp, sjc slide racket and an 11# spring. Bobby even sent me a free guide rod ( probably thought I forgot to order it but I had a spare). Hope to test it out next week. Probably add a mag well and sjc button mag release at some point to finish the look even though that won't help in gssf much.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    Looking good Justin! I might have to do that one day too....

What's it got for a trigger?

3. __jb

__jb

Aug 8, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Very nice...

Did you install the sight mount yourself? Does it come with a template to help align things?

4. Justin1911

Justin1911

Feb 5, 2006
    Northeast GA
    Trigger is stock with a (-) connector. Left it that way so it feels the same as my other glocks. Yes it was very easy to put together

5. mike g35

mike g35

Jun 23, 2011
    Charleston W.V.
  6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    Add a stainless mag well, it will help for GSSF; not so much a light plastic one. Now if you really want to jump into Open/UL take a grinder to the trigger guard and undercut it and it'll help a lot with recoil control shoot major, and even minor/steel loads.

jb there's not much to installing a Carver mount and no need for a template or anything more than a punch and screwdriver/allen wrench

7. Good Luck with it may it serve you well

8. Justin1911

Justin1911

Feb 5, 2006
    Northeast GA
    I'll hope to do a range report next week. I have 7-800 rounds WWb left over from before I started reloading. After that runs out I'll need to work up a load ( assuming the WWb works ok). That should get me through a little practice and the griffin match in February.

9. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

Aug 29, 2005
    North Georgia
    WWB will work fine with it. Nice set up.

10. not to side track a thread

When did you purchase your WWB

I purchased some WWB 9mm 100 round box over the summer from Walmart 2 week ends ago I went to the Range to break in my new Gen 4 17 that GSSF was so kind to reward me with from an event only to have it lock up solid because there was no flash hole in the cartridge.

I am still waiting to hear back from them

if your gun locks up don't panic