close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Old Kimber Arrived Today

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Rinspeed, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    Picked up my second Clackamas Kimber today and managed to get it into the house undetected. :supergrin: This one was made in March of 97, a month after my other one, and appears to be put together just as well. I don't think it could have more than a couple hundred rounds through it at most.

Two small issues, it has a FLGR which I hate so I will have to order some GI parts soon. The other is it has a slight idiot scratch that pisses me off because my other Clacky had one as well when it arrived. :steamed: Hopefully I will be able to get out this weekend and get some rounds through it. I've said it before and I'll say it again these late 90's Kimbers hold their own very well at the sub $900 price point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.

3. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Very nice pistol. I have a couple older Kimbers (1998) that are in beautiful condition. They are not early Clackamas models, but are nice, nonetheless.

Kimber Classic Royal and Classic Gold Match

[​IMG]

4. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Into the house uneducated, congrats on that alone :)

Great looking 1911!

5. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Good work. I would really like to get a Clackamas Kimber because I wa living just a few miles away when they were building them. The best i have been able to do is my 1st gen Yonkers Compact. Great gun but I'm sentimental:supergrin:

6. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
  7. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    Thanks guys, here's my other Clacky for those who haven't seen it.

[​IMG]

8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Very nice,......
    Had the chance to pick one up a few years back,.......padded, bad decision. :faint:

Congrats on the Clack'. :cool: