close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New NN

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by 20South, Jan 7, 2011.

1. 20South

20South

Nov 18, 2002
    East of CBUS
    Thought I would share my Christmas gift to myself. I picked up a new Guncrafter NN from Dave a few weeks back and am just now getting around to posting some pics. First off, Dave is a great person to talk with and to work with. I highly recommend anyone interested in a purchase to give him a call. The guy knows a ton about the semi-custom space and has relationships with everyone you would ever want to get information from if he doesnt know it himself.

This forum, Dave, and Alex Z. are all to blame for this purchase. After learning about the NN and Guncrafter, I did a ton of research and decided the NN offered everything I wanted in a higher end pistol. Finding one was proving to be difficult so I sent a random e-mail to Guncrafter and almost immediately got a response back from Alex. I was surprised that the owner was so accommodating as I was halfway expecting a form mail response or a clerk/rep. I figured at this point, CS was not going to be an issue with accessibility like that from Alex himself. Here is where Dave came in. I found an old post where he had sold a couple of Guncrafter's previously and sent him an message. Wouldn't you know it, the dealer himself happened to have one coming in over the next couple of weeks. At that point I had no choice...

I have been meaning to post a full range report, but with the holidays and family and work travel its just taken a back burner. I have put about 400 rounds down range so far, mostly a combination of WWB and Blazer's 230gr FMJ. Due to my cheapness factor, I have only shot about 1 box (20) of Speer Gold Dots (185gr) through the same sessions. I used Wilson 47D, Wilson ETM, and the Springfield Mags (Metalform?) which came with my TRP. I tried every combination of Blazers, WWB, and occasional GD's through those Magazines and have had zero issues to date. This pistol has been absolutely flawless through three range trips and 400 rounds. The trigger is the best I have ever pulled, being somewhere in the 4-4.5 range. I do not have a gauge or I would measure it, but it breaks similarly to the SACS job on my TRP which is 4.5lb. The area around the ejection port after the first visit was brassed up pretty good, but the two subsequent trips have shown much less of that. It doesnt matter to me much as I bought this gun to shoot, but those "kisses" sure show up nice on the Melonite. Speaking of which, the Melonite finish is perfect and very well done. I will try to get some actual target pics posted this weekend, those seem to have been tossed between my last visit to the range and the house getting cleaned.

Sorry for my rambling post, there really isn't enough good things I can say about this pistol or my experience with Dave/Guncrafter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

I can't wait until I can order mine this year!! Damn but that is a sweet pistol!!

3. awpk03s

awpk03s

Apr 1, 2007
    Ohio
    Good gravy.... that is sweet. Pictures and posts like this are going to eventually cost me a lot of money. I want a No Name Commander in my collection someday very soon.

4. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    I am really digging the pictures.....Very, very cool! If I have said it once, I will say it a thousand times.....Alex Zimmerman builds one of the finest semi-custom 1911's out there. Thanks for the kind words. I am very happy that you are enjoying the pistol I had built for ME!! :) I am going to get another one on the way next week....the exact same build as yours.

5. BlayGlock

BlayGlock

Feb 18, 2010
    Texas
    My NN quickly became my favorite pistol. Im sure you will enjoy yours as well.

6. G27RR

G27RR

Oct 11, 2010
    Texas
    Nice pistol, and good job on the pictures.

7. We should start a "I own a Drc gun" thread. I also own a no name that Dave bought for himself. By far my favorite gun I own. Enjoy and very nice pics

8. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Awesome!

I see you went with the same grips I did. I like them better than the standard NN grips.

Dave is a great guy to work with. :)

9. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I got my NN through Dave as well. Along with my Wilson CQB and the Wilson Ultra Light Carry Compact that's being built as we speak. And my Baer TRS is one of Dave's that I talked him out of. He talked me in off the ledge awhile back when I was wanting a rail gun. :rofl:Although, I bet he'd turn loose of that sweet SA Pro Operator he's go, if I coughed up the money. :rofl:

10. Benello

Benello

May 14, 2008
    Beautiful pistol! What do those typically fetch? Over 3K?

11. With the quality you would think that but they run around $2500 depending on what options you get.

12. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    When Alex built my hardchrome NN Commander, he liked it so much, that he built an exact twin in Melonite for me too. Neither Dave not I knew until they were almost done. I gave it some serious thought, as they are consecutive serial numbers and that would be a very cool set to own. Money was the main problem, so I called Alex and told him that I would like to buy it, but just didn't know when it would be possible. He told me that he would put it in his safe and save it for me. I've ended up going with a Wilson ULCc instead, so, as far as I know, it should still be there. This is a crappy cell phone pic that Alex sent Dave. But, it looks just like OP's gun as far as finish and grips. It has a flush crowned barrel, silver 3 hole trigger and a rounded butt, which is not an option that he even offers. If I had money shooting out of my butt, then I would already own it, but, since I don't ...:supergrin: anyway, here's the pic.

[​IMG]

13. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee

Nah....if you had money shooting out of your butt, you would have that Wilson Professional Supergrade Bobtail in NP3+ that I have.....:)

14. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    OK, well, I'd have both. :rofl: