close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Nano - Range Report

Discussion in 'Beretta Club' started by ZRiz19C, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ZRiz19C

ZRiz19C In The Woods

Dec 31, 2008
    Ohio/Kentucky
    I finally decided to ditch my Keltec PF9 in hopes of finding something more reliable. I had experienced FTF, FTE, and light strikes in the PF9's break-in period, then occasional light strikes even after the break-in period.

Today, after researching many of the pocket 9mms I decided to buy the Beretta Nano. I immediately took the gun to the range to start getting it broken in. From what I have read, many of the Nanos can have problems with 115gr ammo FTE. Luckily, all of the ammo I shot through today was flawless.

So far the gun has shot,
    100rds Lawman 124gr
    100rds PMC 115gr
    35rds Federal HST 124gr

I really couldn't be more pleased so far. Thank you Beretta.

2. Shootinbil

Shootinbil Millennium Member

Oct 19, 1999
    In my gun room.
    So far all I shoot out of my nano is 115gr. Jacket bullets almost all are reloads. Well over 2000 rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    Any failures to report.

4. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
  5. tedwhite

tedwhite Millennium Member

Sep 26, 1999
    Bisbee Arizona USA
    Apparently the Nano barrel's rifling is the same as a Lone Wolf's so you can shoot reloads.

My Nano is much slimmer than my G26 and therefore conceals better.

6. It's funny, I did the same thing - traded PF9 For a Nano. Actually had it a few months before shooting it last Sunday. The trigger pull take up was long but light, a little unusual, but flawless for 50 115 gr Swiss made (don't recall Mfg) rounds. Nice shooter.

7. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

May 27, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Great to hear the reviews, I want a Nano eventually. Looks like a great little coat pocket gun.

8. moonwilson

moonwilson

Jan 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    I love my Nano. I had a few hiccups the first trip to the range with cheap 115 grain stuff, which I knew might be a problem. But after a couple hundred rounds through the pipe, it's been 100% with everything.

It's a wonderful little gun. The trigger is a little weird at first, but once you get used to it, it's fine. Long trigger travel on a weapon with no external safety is not a bad thing. I found that if I wait for the gun to finish recoiling before letting the trigger move forward to reset, my groups shrank considerably.

9. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    Concealment is great but does it generate enough bullet speed to stop the big thuds ?

10. tedwhite

tedwhite Millennium Member

Sep 26, 1999
    Bisbee Arizona USA
    Does anyone have an answer to ModGlock17's question? I believe the G26 and Nano barrels are the same length.

11. 8th ID

8th ID

May 2, 2009
    KY

Go to youtube and search 'nano chronographed'

Not sure of the exact title, sorry. The Nano, as I recall, had very good velocity considering the short barrel.