Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

New Movie January 2011 "Remnants"

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by whogasak47, Nov 19, 2010.

1. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Sep 1, 2005
    N E Louisiana

"One Second After" or "Lights Out" style movie. Maybe, Just maybe because there are no Major Hollywood actors and FX/CGI Gazillion dollar effects and salaries but no story these folks might get it right. Trailer 2 is outstanding and the music seems to fit the theme well. I have high hopes. It just has to be better than Please, no more of this sort of foolishness.

2. rjgraves

Apr 12, 2009
    I'll watch it! Looks good.
  3. JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Dang -- that DOES look good...

4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    Tagged for future reference...
  5. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

Very interesting!

6. Tom Kanik

Tom Kanik

Sep 6, 2005
    S.W. Missouri
    Definitely looks interesting!:cool:
  7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I saw the poster for Cowboys and Aliens at the theatres last week. Man, I want to see that. James Bond as a cowboy outlaw and Indiana Jones as the bad guy? Who wouldn't want to see that?

As for Remnants, that looks like a must see as well. Makes me want to up my preps again. More $$$ out the door, oh well.
  8. I give it my guns up...I mean thumbs up!
  9. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Feb 11, 2002
    California Sierra Mnts
    They need another $5K in financial backing by January 26th 2011 for them to CONTINUE producing the movie.

They have only shot 35 minutes of film so far...

Financially support the production of Remnants website

For $100 you can be listed as a producer of the movie. Now that is LOW BUDGET!
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  10. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    I have to agree, that movie looks really low budget. It might make a decent movie on the Sci-Fi Channel, but I'm no too excited.
  11. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    Meh, looks like some sub-par acting at best.
  12. George Lucas started off making low budget movies. :) Just saying . . .

I think we get spoiled too much by the special effects and razzle dazzle when the story is better.

I'll be curious to see how it fleshes out. Maybe even give a few bucks.
  13. Bravo 1

Bravo 1 Serious Infidel CLM

Sep 21, 2005
    I though it looked like real people instead of overly dramatic "professionals". That adds some authenticity imho.
  14. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 Pastafarian

Jun 19, 2007
    Looks interesting....soundtrack from the 2nd trailer is very "Sunshine"
  15. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Sep 1, 2005
    N E Louisiana
    If you want to contribute without any names or screennames, send any amount to:

Remnants Group,LLC
    C/O Paul Hilburger
    101 Parkknoll Lane
    Cary,NC 27510

using a USPS Money Order with a ( GT SPF ) is good enuf as sender.
  16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

$5k is all they need?

$100 and I get name recognition?

Heck, I would give them the $5k to get listed as an executive producer and to have a walk on role as the mysterious stranger that rides into town and destroys the opposition singlehandedly with my 750 caliber magnum +P+ 30 shot revolver that never needs reloading!
  17. RED64CJ5

Jul 7, 2003
    Anyone else very tempted to help fund it? I am really impressed with the trailers.
  18. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008

I was just thinking how this would be the perfect scam. Open a web site about a movie coming out, on a subject a certain online community, like S&P can get behind. Film about 10 minutes of action and dialog. Make trailers, and sell it that we need X amount of money to complete production.

I'm not saying the people who are Remnant are scam artist, but I just find the concept very interesting.