close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Mossberg 590

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Slackinoff, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Lugi

Lugi

Nov 23, 2006
    I have a 590A1 (51663) and just sold my 870 and went down and ordered another 590A1 model (51517).....can't wait!!! :supergrin:

I feel much better now that I'll have 2 shotguns in the same platform.

2. Jack Black

Jack Black

Dec 19, 2000
    Vegas Baby!
    Yep 12" LOP.

3. Slackinoff

Slackinoff

Sep 20, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks for the information Jack Black, do you mind me asking where you purchased yours? If I have trouble sanding down my rubber pad I might just pick up the Houge.

4. Jack Black

Jack Black

Dec 19, 2000
    Vegas Baby!
    I believe I bought mine from Midway USA.

5. jamaicanj

jamaicanj

Nov 25, 2007
    Florida
    Anyone have a link to a vid that explains all the differences between the different 590 models?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  6. sharkbait22

sharkbait22

Nov 20, 2011
    Rockledge, FL
    Alright this is my first shotgun guys and I need a little help. It's the 590 cruiser model I think. It came with a pistol grip only and the door breach choke. (not sure if it's an actual choke or not) The door breech is part of the barrel and not removable. It's not pinned but rather an extension of the barrel itself. I went ahead and ordered the Hogue Overmold stock from opticsplanet. Can someone explain to me the different LOP? The stock I ordered says it is 12" LOP. I heard a lot of good things about the Overmold stock but didn't realize they came in different sizes.
    Also, mine didn't come with the ghost ring sights. It came with a front blade sight. Is that suppose to be coupled with a rear sight? It didn't come with one. Or is that suppose to act as a bead sight and used by itself? Thanks for any help fellas!

Attached Files:

7. M&P Guy

M&P Guy

Mar 5, 2012
  8. chr_edw

chr_edw Holster Maker

Aug 11, 2006
    Broken Arrow
    Sorry I missed this earlier.

Yes it is a mag extension. It is made my s&j hardware especially for the 591a1. It gives me +2 of 2 3/4" shells for a total of 7 + 1.

It also came with the front sling mount.

9. XshooterX

XshooterX

Oct 24, 2012
    I want an 18.5" A1 with the XS sights like on the blackwater. Does anybody know if that model exists??

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. burttrans

burttrans

Aug 17, 2012
    I don't think that one exists; I have a 20" Blackwater with XS sights. I love the gun; I went to gun show to buy a 870 tactical and walked out with the 590A1 Blackwater and very happy that I did!

11. kyarcher

kyarcher

Oct 18, 2001
    Kentucky

I bought the identical shotgun yesterday. Can't wait to give it a try. These are getting hard to find and I got the last one that Bud's had.

12. chr_edw

chr_edw Holster Maker

Aug 11, 2006
    Broken Arrow
    The regular length stock that comes on mossberg gives you a LOP of about 14".

I have never seen one with a blade front and not have the ghost ring :dunno: but you would just use it like a bead which will be fine for almost everything.