Glock Talk banner

New Mossberg 590

19K views 72 replies 30 participants last post by  chr_edw 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought you guys might like to see my new shotgun. I sure like it! Do any of you think that it might be on the "ban list" or whatever is being proposed because it has a bayonet lug? Not the reason I bought it, I forgot they had them until I got her home:shocked:. Anyway, here yall go.

See less See more
#33 ·
Looks good. Congrats. I saw the blackwater edition at the last gunshow, but they were asking $650 so I passed. I don't have a pump shotgun, but one of these 590's would certainly fill a spot
I got a heck of a deal new 590A1 Blackwater ghost ring XS sights speed feed stock for $485 before tax at gun show in Des Moines, IA. I have always been a 870 guy but this 590A1 seems to be a more solid built gun.

#42 ·
chr_edw, I have a blue heeler that will do the same thing as your dog (if that is your dog in your avatar) when you throw something in the pool that sinks to the bottom...Its hilarious to watch with goggles on!

Guys I plan to take at least an 1.5'' off the stock tomorrow . I'll post pics when I'm finished...drives me crazy because it fits no one except Hickok45 or some other freak of nature.

#46 · (Edited)
Not sure what is pictured but Choate makes a flush extension for the 590A1 that I have been running for while.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=236582&start=80 has a discussion on the extension.

Has worked well for me

rk
According to Fred Choate, in that thread, his extension adds +1 to the stock 5 round mag tube (6 shells in the mag tube +1 in the chamber) with the spring & follower he supplies. According to others in that thread it holds 7 shells in the tube (7+1) with the stock Mossberg follower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.