New Modem Issues

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by wrenrj1, Feb 22, 2013.

1. wrenrj1

wrenrj1
    Expand Collapse

My TWC modem crapped out so I bought a new Motorola modem (so I won't have a monthly fee for a modem). I worked with TWC to get the modem set up and obviously the modem works.

My home page, which is Yahoo comes up as: "Sorry, the page you requested was not found." I have another bookmark link to my Yahoo mail that works. Additionally, I have an AOL email account that just doesn't load (the AOL website). All of my other bookmarks seem to work.

Our Apple laptop works and displays AOL and Yahoo, yet the IMac which is the "hub" of all of this doesn't.

Any Ideas?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. bobby_w

bobby_w
    Expand Collapse
    Alienigena
    Platinum Member

Which Motorola is it ?

Have you checked the Motorola support site to see if the Firmware is current/updated ?

Cable Modems

DSL Modems

3. wrenrj1

wrenrj1
    Expand Collapse

Motorola SB6141 Surfboard. I went thru FAQ's and didn't find anything regarding specific websites that don't work. AOL and Yahoo (my two email sources) are the only two. At least Yahoo gives me a page not found, AOL doesn't even open.

4. wcarter4

wcarter4
    Expand Collapse

The problem may be on Yahoo's side. They just completely revamped their website a few days ago. It could be that their upgrades have caused it to not display correctly on your rig. Or it could be the link you have in your homepage settings list is dead now.
    If you can use other websites just fine, my money is on the problems being due to Yahoo's changes rather than any specific problems with the modem.

5. GlockFanWA

GlockFanWA
    Expand Collapse

What is the address in the URL of your browser?

6. wrenrj1

wrenrj1
    Expand Collapse

I figured it out. I went into Safari and reset Safari which removes everything, preferences, history, saved passwords etc. At least it kept my bookmarks. All the websites were then able to be accessed. The PITA was going back and having to remember passwords etc. to log back on to sites I was automatically logged on to.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.