close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New member - SoCal

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by thegunwire, Mar 8, 2012.

1. thegunwire

thegunwire

Mar 7, 2012
    SoCal
    Hey, everyone.

New SoCal member here. Gun enthusiast, practically full-time blogger, gun news junkie, and firm believer in our 2A rights.

Been lurking for a long time, thought I'd get a name and say hello.

Hope you all are doing well, today.

- thegunwire

2. thegunwire

thegunwire

Mar 7, 2012
    SoCal
    Thanks, guys. I read a lot around here, don't know how much I'll post. But I'll try...

As for GLOCKs, I've got a 23 that's been modified a little by Cope Reynolds, and I've got a 21SF with the rail.

Perhaps someone can tell me if anything has changed, but when the 21SF came out here in California, they were selling it with the rail. Somehow the DOJ didn't realize this, but once they were enlightened, they outlawed the version with the rail. I think dealers that had them on the shelves had to pull them. But some of us went through DROS and took possession of them before they were outlawed, and we were 'grandfathered' in.

Is that story correct, or am I misinformed? That's what I've been led to believe, for what it's worth.

- thegunwire

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  3. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
    Southern Comifornia? You poor soul but welcome.