close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New member, new Colt

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by spsmith713, Dec 9, 2012.

1. spsmith713

spsmith713

Dec 8, 2012
    Been a long time lurker, thought I'd add to the discussion. Just picked this Colt model O-1091 for $650. I also have a Sig commander sized 1911, but this one satisfies my Colt quest which I've been on for a while now.

[​IMG]

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Arched mainspring housing and lanyard ring = sweet!!!

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Very nice,......welcome to the addiction.
    Are you a 1911addict?

4. spsmith713

spsmith713

Dec 8, 2012
    Thanks all for the kind welcome. I'm not really a 1911 addict, I'd say I'm an all of the above type. I have a glock, a colt, sigs, a HK, a Springfield and a ruger GP 100. The main reason I bought this is because it was a colt and I've been looking for a govt sized colt 1911 for over a year. I look forward to future discussions, thanks again all!

5. happy seal

happy seal

Apr 12, 2007
    Connecticut
    Welcome Mr.Smith! Nice Colt!

I was up at their facility a few years ago, I had heard that they give range time to potential buyers and even let people try their guns. So I went in to see about that and they said NO! My cell phone rang while I was in the parking lot on the way out so I answered it before hitting the road. About three minutes later I had two fully swatted guys holding machine guns, helmets, sidearms, the works come out and tell me to move along! :dunno:

6. MajorD

MajorD

Aug 16, 2010
    In my area finding a similar colt in the 650 or less range is pretty easy. With deals in that price range out there, I will never understand people buying a foreign made 1911 (Springfield,RIA)
    For a similar price. Even the RIA guns as a base model run4-450 so why not just be patient find a colt for only a bit more.
    Don't get me wrong , SA and RIA are good products, but a foreign made 1911 feels wrong to me.
    I understand money is tight for a lot of people, but stashing 15 bucks a week for 10 weeks to buy a colt instead of a foreign gun seems the smarter move