close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New member intro.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by -Jeremiah-, Mar 2, 2010.

1. -Jeremiah-

-Jeremiah-

Just a quick introduction. I've been reading the forums for a while and have benefited greatly from all the great advice herein. I carry a G30, early 3rd Gen without rail. My G30 is my only Glock at this time. My next Glock will be a G39 to replace my G30 as a CC gun.

I'm hoping to get my wife involved in GSSF. She is a fairly new shooter and has a certain affinity towards Sigs.

I've been shooting since I was a kid. Spent 10 years serving in the USMC. I shot my 1st GSSF match in Oregon in 2001. I haven't shot one since, due to deployments, growing family and various other non-excuses. :whistling:

I'm going to shoot the Morganton, NC match with a buddy and then I hope to shoot at least one match per month over the spring/summer/fall. I plan to hit matches that are held in a rough 400-mile range from the northern VA area. Basically, after a long absence I'm jumping in with both feet. :supergrin:

This morning I put Warren Tactical, with Sevigny FO front, sites on. I used the red fiber. I was undecided on the green vs. red but in the daylight with my yellow shooting glasses on, the red seemed brighter. When installing the fiber in the front site I was disturbed that it was not as bright looking when I was finished. I cut it out and did it again, thinking that I melted it too much or something. 2nd result was the same as the first. That's when I realized that the shorter piece of fiber in the finished front site is going to pick up significantly less light than the long piece that I was comparing it too. At least that's my conclusion.

Anyway, I'm happy to have found these forums and looking forward to interacting with you all, online and at the matches.

-Jeremiah

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Welcome back to GSSF and as a fellow Vet Thanks for your service. I will be attending the Morganton match with some fellow Team Mates from Team Carver. My son-in-law (DEJ/FL, good friend and Team Mate (Pharoah) and I will be there. If there is anything we assist you don't hesitate to ask.

Don

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I'll be there too, if you would like any assistance.

4. -Jeremiah-

-Jeremiah-

Thanks Don and Danny. Don, thank you for your service as well.

I'm looking forward to this match. I'm working on changing my stance from the Weaver, which I've used for going on 20 years, to the Isosceles. I read in one of these threads that Isosceles is better for competition and it seemed to make sense so I'm going to give it a try. I'll be doing a lot of dry-fire over the next few weeks.

5. jdwatson

jdwatson

I'm hoping to be at Morganton too... that's if this winter is done by then !!